Scale isn’t going down due to IBS?

Options
Trying to ignore the scale but it isn’t going down. When I came back from my holiday in September my weight was 157.8 which was upsetting because I had regained 5 lbs. I’m now 150 lbs but it isn’t going down. Some of the weight was water weight and some fat weight. I also have constipation and I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I feel demotivated even though I had such a good routine, yet I want to see results. I’ve been in a deficit for 6 weeks out of the 12 weeks since I came back from my holiday and I’m not going below 150lbs. That being said I do have digestive issues so I’m wondering if they could be masking the fat loss. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Also, I weigh all the food that I cook but there’s been times where I’ve been out or at relatives houses where I have no control over the calories so I just guesstimate.

Replies

• beast_kitty89
    beast_kitty89 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ME. *raises hand and waves franticly*

I have gastroparesis, IBS and are Type 2 with high insulin resistance. I have been struggling for four years since being diagnosed diabetic. Yes, sometimes it takes awhile for the bloating to go away before the scale shows a true weight. For me it took awhile. You may have lost some weight. I will be talking to my endocrinolgist and primary doctor for why the scale hasn`t moved. Feel free to add me since we seem to have a similar problem.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You've lost nearly 8lbs in 12 weeks, only 6 of which you were in a deficit for...

Sounds pretty good progress to me!

Yeah I guess I never thought of it like that but the digestive issues do make me stressed out
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    ME. *raises hand and waves franticly*

I have gastroparesis, IBS and are Type 2 with high insulin resistance. I have been struggling for four years since being diagnosed diabetic. Yes, sometimes it takes awhile for the bloating to go away before the scale shows a true weight. For me it took awhile. You may have lost some weight. I will be talking to my endocrinolgist and primary doctor for why the scale hasn`t moved. Feel free to add me since we seem to have a similar problem.

We definitely have similar situations! I feel like the scale is playing tricks with me