Why is turning 50 so much harder than 30 or 40 was?

Options
2»

Replies

• FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Fifty is half a century! But that's okay, you can still have a lot of great years ahead of you, especially if you can stay fit and healthy! I agree with mthompson7..., aging is freeing! My teenage granddaughter loves hanging out with all my older friends (I'm 66). She asked me once, "Do people just get funnier when they get older?" I assured her we just let ourselves have more fun. I encouraged her not to wait until she's old!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that age is nothing more than a number, so 'milestone' birthdays have never bothered me in the least. At 56 now, I just figure that growing older beats the alternative, and do my best to keep enjoying life as much as possible.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Turning 50 has been tough because no matter where I live, the flipping AARP still tracks me down!
  • noisette6006
    noisette6006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Things can hit you wonky at any age.
    The birthday that got to me the most was 35. I would fill out a form with demographic information on it for surveys and it went from 20-34 then 35-50. It was weird but just going up to the next group hit me harder than I thought it would. I thought I was 40 for many months when I was still 39 so I told everyone I was going to be 41on my birthday but they did the math and said no you're turning 40 this year. And year 50 just went by and I hardly noticed it.
    I hope that means I am aging gracefully.