Can I loose weight only focusing on nutrition?

Options
I'm 490 pounds and I want to lose weight by eating 2000 calories and not exercising. Is it going to work?

Replies

• Phoebe5164
    Phoebe5164 Posts: 79 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yes, by eating less then you burn off ,will have you loose weight , and exercise will build muscles and tighten up your body AND improve your mood by releasing endorphins... just a walk is all you need to start 🌸
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's calories in, calories out to lose weight. I lost 42 lbs. with just diet, then added exercise later because I felt more able to with my knees. I, personally, feel more in control of my eating and my cravings diminish when I exercise. It's just personal. I've heard others say they get hungrier. Start slow and slowly increase. Some days are easier than others but they all end in 24 hours. I tried to think only one hour at a time in the beginning.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Exercise takes many forms, doing a bit of extra walking will help it doesn't need to be a full on gym program, so if you're finding the thought of it daunting just start with an eating plan. As others have said you will see results by creating a calorie deficit, once you start losing you may start to feel like you want to do something.

Good luck!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes!