Day 1...again

Options
Why does this happen? Why to I get totally motivated sitting at work and then am so tired and just want to be home with my family when its time to go to the gym? I reached my pre-baby weight about 2 months ago- so I have things to be proud of. But my body (mid section) just isnt the same and I know based on past experience its diet and I need to exercise ( and drink water- I swear I lose literally nothing when I dont drink water). But I just can't get started...ughhhh and I pay $109 per month for my membership!! Ahhh that makes me mad. Ive tried morning and after work...How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,992 Member
    Options
    I saw on someone's bag at the gym: "Move and your heart will follow."

I think that's generally true, but I'm not a gym lover so I find other ways to move more. Nature is really inspiring, humbling and calming to me so I do stuff outdoors. If I don't really love it I won't stick with it.
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It is a mind game.....just how bad you really want to be fit ..You can do it. Stay Strong
  • consuelo73
    consuelo73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am tired of being here. Menopause is hard.
  • bebuckner21
    bebuckner21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You got to quit that gym join another and shake it up u'v been so methodical shake... shut your pie hole and shake it up. now
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Discipline > Motivation. Push yourself when you don’t want to go - just do it anyway. The hardest part is just getting started. Push through it and eventually it becomes a habit/routine that you don’t feel right without.