Before you ask another question... in case you missed it..

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Part of being a community is that everyone can join in.
    I sometimes feel people want a personal response - it makes people feel welcome and loved.
    Especially when they first join and know no one.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    EVERY forum I've been to had a sticky about this topic alone.

Legitimate, UNANSWERED questions get pushed off the page when 15 people ask if they should eat their exercise calories back. That is the whole point here. :happy:

Bingo.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    OMG you said it, I think it everyday. Thanks for the giggle.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    I searched this topic and it led me back here. What do I do now?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Riddle me this.... what is the purpose of said "Search" button if you expect no one to use it, and bury good posts under redundant ones?

People new to the site are excited and just want to join in most of the time. So they ask the same questions we all had in the beginning. Honestly, have any of you ever asked these questions?

No. I searched first for fear of looking like a total NOOB.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    This is the question that bugs me the most: how many calories does sex burn? Some things in life were meant to be enjoyed why make everything about the calorie burn.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    One of these days someone will figure out if we should eat our exercise calories back....
  • I have a couple of questions...

1. Should I eat my exercise calories? I am totally confused!

2. I hear the Mastercleanse is a great way to kickstart a diet - has anyone tried it?

3. Or has anyone tried HCG? It sounds neat-o!!

4. Do I really need to drink water?

5. How can I best incorporate nut butter in my diet?

ahaha......you forgot a "TOM" question
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    I have a couple of questions...
    1. Should I eat my exercise calories? I am totally confused!
    2. I hear the Mastercleanse is a great way to kickstart a diet - has anyone tried it?
    3. Or has anyone tried HCG? It sounds neat-o!!
    4. Do I really need to drink water?
    5. How can I best incorporate nut butter in my diet?
    To answer your questions:
    1. Only between the hours of 3.12pm and 3.13pm
    2. use bleach, it's better.
    3. Get pregnant, drink your pee, same result
    4. Only if it has been put through a distillation process and is at least 80 proof
    5. Try drinking it straight from the tube.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Such anger and venom. Maybe we should follow in the Great Buddha's form and have another piece of chicken.

Seriously, Know what you know, and know what you don't know. And know how to learn that which you don't know, changing that which you don't know into that which you know. You know?
    In other words we have been given a wealth of free resources. USE THEM.
  • Whos TOM?
  • I searched this topic and it led me back here. What do I do now?

its a scary cycle
  • Yah, you guys are right..... I'm the A-hole for spreading the word.

IF YOU DON'T FIND YOUR ANSWER THROUGH THE 'SEARCH' BUTTON, THE FEEL FREE TO POST A NEW TOPIC. Is it that hard to understand?
    Wow, you are really a turd.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    I hate to cook and need some easy lo-cal recipes...can you help me? <weg>
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    It might be helpful if there was a category created, before the "Introduce Yourself" category, called "Newbies Please Start Here" or something like that, rather than the stickies within each category. That way, it's right up there for new people to see. I understand the need for some to post because they want to feel they are having their own personal question answered that's focused just on them. However, it does get annoying when on the same day within an hour there are at least three new threads posted very generically about eating exercise calories or whatever, not something like - hey can you look at my diary. The redundant questions are not going to go away, but some redundancy might be lessened if Newbie FAQs were more visible on the main community page rather than, or in additon to, within categories. And I can't fault people who actually do use the search function and read some threads, but still don't feel as though they've had their question answered.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    LOL. .. I still don't get it. . .. DO I EAT BACK MY EXECISE CALORIES OR NOT???. . . :bigsmile:
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    An explanation of the exercise calories would be helpful. As I said in my offending post, I use another counter that does not factor in exercise calories. I just assumed it averaged in the reported activity level to the recommended intake. I actually changed my activity level setting on that site and it changed my calorie count. It wasn't until then that I started getting results. I've read that MFP is designed to keep you in a consistent deficit, hence the compensation, but it doesn't jive with my other site--or all the numerous articles about "don't eat the calories you just burned." It's a very legit question, and I don't think it would be asked so often if there was some sort of sticky or explanation under the "congratulations." Maybe a "click here to find out why."
    It might be helpful if there was a category created, before the "Introduce Yourself" category, called "Newbies Please Start Here" or something like that, rather than the stickies within each category. That way, it's right up there for new people to see. I understand the need for some to post because they want to feel they are having their own personal question answered that's focused just on them. However, it does get annoying when on the same day within an hour there are at least three new threads posted very generically about eating exercise calories or whatever, not something like - hey can you look at my diary. The redundant questions are not going to go away, but some redundancy might be lessened if Newbie FAQs were more visible on the main community page rather than, or in additon to, within categories. And I can't fault people who actually do use the search function and read some threads, but still don't feel as though they've had their question answered.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    It's fun to get current opinions and have a personal discussion about problems, don't like it, don't look, let's keep things friendly :) I'm sure everyone sees the search button, not just you ;)

i agree here, i do read past post but will also ask my question as there are people here now that may not have been here then, or just didnt catch that thread or what ever.
  • Yah, you guys are right..... I'm the A-hole for spreading the word.

IF YOU DON'T FIND YOUR ANSWER THROUGH THE 'SEARCH' BUTTON, THE FEEL FREE TO POST A NEW TOPIC. Is it that hard to understand?

I love the way you have given yourself the authority to tell people when they can feel free to post. Sounds like someone needs a little break from the board...that'll be the BEST way not to see the same posts every day!

And how is posting a reminder... "giving me authority"?

The OP didn't just make that up on his own… it came from -- oh, never mind! Deliberate ignorance should be lethal, or at least debilitating!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Yah, you guys are right..... I'm the A-hole for spreading the word.

That sounds like a one size fits all approach. I gotta figure out what's right for MY body. And my body says that searching is a myth and that starting new topics is always best. But THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION!

OMG you're awesome.