Scale not moving

Options
I am not looking for a solution as much, but encouragement
From september/October I was losing almost 1kg a week , I lost 6kg in 6 weeks and then I got to November and the scale hasnt moved at all. Its remained at 69-70kg and I'm 100% sure I'm not over eating so its disappointing its almost been a whole month eating 1200 calories and I have no loss whatsoever. Feeling depressed with other things going on in life so I write this post . Sad with a side of sadness
I know how to lose weight I've lost 26kg since last decemeber ...maybe this is my 1st plateau and I will have to ride it out

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you will just not lose weight for a few weeks, that's perfectly normal. Also keep in mind you were losing weight very fast, once you get lighter it will slow down and pushing your body too hard can come back to bite you. You don't mention your height, but at 70kg you probably shouldn't be trying/expecting to lose more than 1 lb per week.

If you are sad about other things, there is nothing wrong with deciding to maintain for a month, take some of the pressure off, and just take care of yourself. Hang in there! I'm sorry you're struggling :flowerforyou:
  • ljrlose
    ljrlose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I’m trying to focus on the fact that I’m maintaining my weight and continuing healthy habits and remembering how happy my doctor was with my blood work at my last appointment.

I also cleaned out my closet AGAIN and got rid of what’s too big and bought a couple more things in my new, smaller size.

I’ve said it elsewhere but, I took a bit of a break for a couple of weeks, relaxing my calorie restriction a bit. This weekend I’m back at it and hoping I’ll see changes on the scale, with the tape, in the mirror, in my clothing again soon!

Hang in there. You’ve made great progress!
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Sometimes you will just not lose weight for a few weeks, that's perfectly normal. Also keep in mind you were losing weight very fast, once you get lighter it will slow down and pushing your body too hard can come back to bite you. You don't mention your height, but at 70kg you probably shouldn't be trying/expecting to lose more than 1 lb per week.

If you are sad about other things, there is nothing wrong with deciding to maintain for a month, take some of the pressure off, and just take care of yourself. Hang in there! I'm sorry you're struggling :flowerforyou:

Thankyou for your kindness, much appreciated. Your right, I should expect it to slow down. I'm 163cm I'm 4kg away from a healthy bmi top of the range 59-66kg I should be within apparently.
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ljrlose wrote: »
    Right there with you. I’m trying to focus on the fact that I’m maintaining my weight and continuing healthy habits and remembering how happy my doctor was with my blood work at my last appointment.

I also cleaned out my closet AGAIN and got rid of what’s too big and bought a couple more things in my new, smaller size.

I’ve said it elsewhere but, I took a bit of a break for a couple of weeks, relaxing my calorie restriction a bit. This weekend I’m back at it and hoping I’ll see changes on the scale, with the tape, in the mirror, in my clothing again soon!

Hang in there. You’ve made great progress!

You've accomplished many small victories recently , so happy for you!
    Thankyou also for your encouragement xx
    Goodluck I hope you achieve your next goal as you hoped :)