Getting back into it

Options
Trying this thing again. Question for everyone. Do most people count as they go? Or do you fill in the meals the day before and go by that? Ive been doing the count as you go and find that doesn't always work out well. Macros are off and I can eat to much or even to little at times. Want a more precise way of doing this

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I used to pre-plan what I ate and it helped me a lot. Now I add as I go. So it depends on if you struggle meeting your calorie goal or not. Try planning your day out the night before or the morning of and stick to it.
  • susiecrew423
    susiecrew423 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't pre-plan faithfully, but I try, and I find that pre-planning anything helps, even if it is only a specific meal. For example, if I I'm going out to dinner at a place I go often, I'll choose what I eat before going and input it so that I'm good for lunch and breakfast. Or if I eat too much at lunch, I'll pre-plan dinner and stick to it so that I don't go over. It's hard to plan an entire day for me, so I use it to keep me on track by meal.
  • PigHerder
    PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I pre-log the night before, with guesstimates. Then course correct with specifics as the day goes by! Helps me stay within my calorie goal, but more importantly, knowing what I'm going to be eating keeps me on the straight and narrow, especially when I get home after work and I'm feeling tired and lazy, and inclined to order takeout!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    tillis38 wrote: »
    Trying this thing again. Question for everyone. Do most people count as they go? Or do you fill in the meals the day before and go by that? Ive been doing the count as you go and find that doesn't always work out well. Macros are off and I can eat to much or even to little at times. Want a more precise way of doing this

I pre log
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I like to log the basics in the morning then fill in from there. I feel it helps keep me accountable on my meals and I don't tend to snack in general so that's not really an issue for me.