Juicing success stories

Options
I just started juicing whole fruits and veggies and I was planning on replacing my breakfast and lunch with fresh juices. Has anyone done anything similar and get good results? I am trying to lose weight, but my main goal is to become healthier

Replies

• arilukaszewicz1
    arilukaszewicz1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sorry not a success story but...

I did try this a few years ago and found it unsustainable. It was a bit expensive as you needed a lot of fruit and veg for the week, much more than I would have eaten normally. The fruit juice was ok but any juiced veggies made me feel really nauseous. I was really hungry all day then binged in the evening. Oh and did I mention the diarrhea? no? I had terrible diarrhea.

So all in all not a good experience. I now eat my fruit and veg much nicer.

Thank you, I don’t have a problem with the taste but I’ve only done it for a day or so. I will see how it goes but it seems like I’ll just probably eat healthy and incorporate the juice
  • arilukaszewicz1
    arilukaszewicz1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My hubby did it for a while, in an attempt to be more healthy and get in more fruits and veggies than he would normally eat. His blood sugar would spike and he'd feel bad and not understand why. It's because juice is lacking important nutritional components like fiber, protein, and fat. Some juicing is ok, you just have to be careful with your sugars and make sure the rest of your diet balances out. FYI: Hubby did not lose any weight while juicing.

Thank you for the help, I will be careful with that
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I tried a 5 day juice cleanse about four or five years ago. I found that it was expensive, messy, and time consuming. In essence, it was unsustainable. Yes, I lost 3lbs, but that came back the moment I ate some actual food. Based on my experiences I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,994 Member
    Options
    I quite like various juices - mixed fruits and carrot mainly.

But cant be bothered making them and wouldnt want them everyday - so is just an occasional thing I buy when I am out sometimes.
    As a drink, not a meal replacement

Not sure if that counts as juice experience. :)