I had a Cheat Day today but I went overboard, how do I fix this?

Options
I'm feeling A LOT of regret about today *yikes* what did I do today?? lol
I usually throw in a cheat day once a week and it has worked for me (I've lost steady weight since july)
My calorie daily goal is around 1900 and I lose about a pound a week on that but today on my cheat day I ate 4,260 calories and a whooping 576g of carbs what the heck happened.

Feeling like my whole last week is ruined now, how do I fix this guys? Do I just eat like 1700 calories whole next week maybe? i dunno.. damn.

dunno if it matters but im a Male, 6.3, 209lbs my total loss since july = 19pounds (doing the slow and steady aproach to make sure the weight stay off) I workout like 4 times a week.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Just move on...it's not particularly material to the bigger picture.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Why does it look like she's sneezing in that gif? :huh:

OP, nothing to do. @quiksylver296 is right. Maybe reflect on what led to you getting carried away so you can handle it better next time or learn how not to set yourself up for such a big (unintended) overage.
  • zupyoo
    zupyoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Don't do anything. Just go back on plan tomorrow. It was maybe 1500 calories over your maintenance, which equals maybe a third of pound of fat gain.

^ Yep. Log it and move on. You may see a bump on the scale due to water weight but it'll even out after a few days.

You might want to consider what made you end up eating so much. Unless, that is, it was a special occasion and you just enjoyed yourself.

It was stupid, my thought process was like this "Well its cheat day today I need to take advantage of this day since its one week until next time" one thing led to another and I went overboard. I usually only do a "Cheat meal" not a day so definetly gonna fix that for next week.
  • Grace2188
    Grace2188 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, sounds like you're taking a really sensible and balanced approach to your weight loss, a cheat day now and again isn't bad!

Plus, if it is a one off sort of thing then really it won't affect your progress that much, if at all.

If you are still concerned then perhaps do a bit more excersiz this week but honestly, you're doing fab, keep it up!
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel the need for cheat meals. Are you restricting a food that you enjoy or a macro? Or is it just a higher calorie day?
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    zupyoo wrote: »

It was stupid, my thought process was like this "Well its cheat day today I need to take advantage of this day since its one week until next time" one thing led to another and I went overboard. I usually only do a "Cheat meal" not a day so definetly gonna fix that for next week.

Go back to cheat meals, it's a lot harder to overdo do it with just a single meal. Other than that, keep calm and CICO on.
  • zupyoo
    Options
    Why do you feel the need for cheat meals. Are you restricting a food that you enjoy or a macro? Or is it just a higher calorie day?

It's supposed to be a cheat MEAL not a day but yes it's a day I can eat stuff I normally can't eat like you know soda, candy etc. if I eat those things in my regular week I find it hard to hit enough protein etc. without going over my calorie goal. I have lost 19 LBS with this method so it's working for me, but today was just crazy overboard so I felt guilty.
  • zupyoo
    Options
    Larkspur94 wrote: »
    Are you going to go back to your old was of eating? Throw in the towel and eat like that everyday? Let yourself regain all the weight you worked hard to lose?
    I'm betting the answer is no. It should be no.
    Sometimes we trip and fall. But we don't just stay down and accept that as our future now. On the ground, feeling the cold dirt. No! We get back up and carry on.
    Consistency is key. The one day you went overboard can be forgiven, if you get back on that weight loss train. You don't have to make it more extreme (adding exercise, restricting more). Just continue with what you normally do each day of your diet. As long as you keep going, you'll continue to lose the weight.
    Just think of this day when you have your next cheat day as to have some more self control. Think of how it's made you feel.

HELL NO I AINT GOING BACK TO MY OLD WAYS!! Thanks for this, this inspired me :D
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    zupyoo wrote: »

It's supposed to be a cheat MEAL not a day but yes it's a day I can eat stuff I normally can't eat like you know soda, candy etc. if I eat those things in my regular week I find it hard to hit enough protein etc. without going over my calorie goal. I have lost 19 LBS with this method so it's working for me, but today was just crazy overboard so I felt guilty.

if you go "crazy overboard", is it really working though? excessive restriction leads to binges on what was restricted.