Accountability: NO MORE EXCUSES!

Options
Yo-yo dieter. now that I’m in my 40’s things aren’t easy. Would love some friends to hold me accountable and help me stop making excuses.

Replies

• elizabethhatt
    elizabethhatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m looking for the same thing. Looking to share support and keep my honest. :-)
  • Wolfsbane_Fitness
    Options
    Is there a way to start a group?
  • 77twilson
    77twilson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have no idea.
    I am just trying to figure out how to use everything..
  • mylildancers2
    mylildancers2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m also looking for an accountability partner. I just been back at this for two weeks and I just had to go back to work. Afraid I’ll get back into the same old excuses and start slacking again.
  • Jebe75
    Jebe75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    4 gym days in row!!! Hope, I can keep it up! I always start like that 🤪
  • Jebe75
    Options
    What do you all try/do? Count calories? Exercise? Weights? Cardio? Everything?
  • Jompau
    Jompau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jbley75 wrote: »
    What do you all try/do? Count calories? Exercise? Weights? Cardio? Everything?

Pretty much everything. Most of the "pros" I know recommend both weights and cardio.
  • Jebe75
    Options
    Hit the gym at 4:15AM!!!
    Some cardio, some weights... Nice start of the day!!!
    Now I need a coffee!!!
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • Jebe75
    Options
    Not a good day so far
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Hi.

if you want to try something currently short-term, @MoStacy is looking for people for her Holiday Motivation Challenge (25 or more days of exercise / activity in the 31 days between now and Christmas). There are 4 of us so far, and we would LOVE some more company. Starting late doesn't matter, the primary goal translates to "6 days out of 7 per week till Christmas Eve"

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10707982/holiday-motivation-pump-it-up#latest

Or check out either December Ultimate Accountability Challenge or Fat2Fit Challenge/ Support. I am in both and they both have very wide-ranging age groups / journey points. Read the intro to both and see if either might suit your style. Both are very welcoming.

UAC is about developing the habit of activity and accountability (not weight based in any way) You never get "bumped" from the challenge; you just do (or don't) get the virtual acknowledgement of your name on the Winners' Circle list. Many people take several months of trying to get to that point. Even the moderator doesn't manage it EVERY month.

Fit2Fat subdivides into teams that each have their own chat threads, so again there is a reasonably-scaled support team aspect - very friendly and always ready to suggest strategies for any particular individual roadblocks. It IS weekly weigh-in based.

Both are open for registrations now for the next month's session.

UAC: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10708666/ultimate-accountability-challenge-december-team-invitation#latest

Fit2Fat: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group