Weight loss

Options
I am getting a little freaked and stressed out! It's been over a week and I haven't lost 1 lb! Should I be worried?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    When did you start?
  • Jompau
    Jompau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What have you been consuming?
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Patience. Weight loss happens on a timescale of multiple weeks to even months.
  • StormieJ18
    StormieJ18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started a little over a week ago. I've been staying either almost right on or below my calorie limit every day. I have made many healthier choices and also using portion control. So I shouldn't be stressing just yet?
  • StormieJ18
    Options
    Also have been running/walking nearly daily.
  • Jompau
    Jompau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started a little over a week ago. I've been staying either almost right on or below my calorie limit every day. I have made many healthier choices and also using portion control. So I shouldn't be stressing just yet?

This once happened to me, about a week also. My weight had been erratic and that's quite disappointing but go on with your methodology. Weigh again after a couple a weeks because when I weighed again after a week of having no progress, I've lost 5kg.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

increase in exercise can cause water retention which can mask weight loss. give it some time and see what happens
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am getting a little freaked and stressed out! It's been over a week and I haven't lost 1 lb! Should I be worried?

did you gain all the weight in a week?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    weight gain didn't happen quickly, weight loss won't either. Take a deep breath and realize this will be a marathon not a spring.

One week is a drop in the bucket. And as mentioned, if you started exercise you muscles may be retaining water to repair themselves.

You got this, but you need patience.

A few other thoughts
    - make sure to eat back exercise calories
    - faster is not better
    - start habits you can keep for life. don't cut intake too much and don't go overboard on exercise to the point you'll burn out in two weeks because you set the bar too high.
  • StormieJ18
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you put my mind at ease. I will get a scale and start weighing my food, and also making sure I dont stay too far under my calorie goal. I haven't gone excessively exercising but just making a routine of it, I love to run! It frees my mind and soul from all the bs and stress of everyday life.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    40w6utofzs2a.jpg
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    foeverblue wrote: »
    Did you calculate your TDEE and BodyFat ?
    Chance are, you are eating below your BMR, and your body going into starvation mode.
    Need more number to help you.

*Also need to know what are you eating, thanks.

nope starvation mode is not a thing when it comes to weight loss. starvation is a thing and you still lose weight even if you are starving.