Take 2!

Options
MattyTee2
MattyTee2 Posts: 14 Member
edited November 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! My name is Marissa. I'm new(ish) here to MFP. Not really, but kinda. I was a member a while back, and now i'm coming back for my own "take 2!" See my mini story below. If you are looking for someone to keep you on track, have a goal to lose 50lbs (or more!), or have your first half marathon coming up -- hit me up! We're similar!

On my birthday in 2015, I woke up feeling incredibly disappointed on where I let my body (and mind) get to. I decided on the phrase, "if not now, then when??" For about a year from that day, I went to a personal trainer 3 days a week and ate a whole lot better. I lost 50lb in less than a year!

Sadly, that's where the story takes a turn. About 11 months after my birthday in 2015, I weighed in and was down a total of 50.2lbs. I gave myself the permission to take a day off and didn't think about what I ate or how I exercised for 24 hours because I felt like 50lbs should be celebrated! That's a huge number! BUT, one day turned into 2, turned in 365, turned into 07/06/2018. Just under 2 years since I lost the first 50lbs, I was now up 43lbs.

Though I didn't gain everything back, I was still as disappointed with myself as that day in 2015. Without really monitoring my eating or working out, I tried to get back on track. Since then, I managed to lose 7lbs. Now it's time to take this seriously. I did it once, and i'm going to do it again!

So here we are! I am now back to working out regularly and eating better. I just signed up for my first half marathon that is in April, so there's no room for failure! I got places to go, people to see, half marathons to run, and weight to lose!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's your current weekly running mileage?
  • MattyTee2
    Options

I'm following a training plan on Aaptiv - weekly right now I'm around 16-20 miles.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I'm following a training plan on Aaptiv - weekly right now I'm around 16-20 miles.

You'll be fine then! Enjoy!
  • MattyTee2
    Options

Thank you! I'm only on week 2 out of 12 of the training plan. I have a long way to go!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Thank you! I'm only on week 2 out of 12 of the training plan. I have a long way to go!

But if you are running 20 miles per week, you shouldn't have any problems with the half :smile: