Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    I am glad so many people on this website think that every single human being is 100% physiologically identical, and that everyone needs to do exactly the same thing as everyone else, and any deviation from that one divinely inspired method is heresy.

I am also impressed with the ability of some people to diagnose issues over the internet. Fascinating.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Why does everything have to be so sarcastic?!! Banks, I'm glad that you put up with the same questions from all of us newbies... And still manage to be supportive. Everyone has their own opinions, and I'm glad that we're allowed to post multiple questions, suggestions, and alternatives. I just don't think that this "discussion" needs to turn heated...
  • drewzaun
    Options
    Why does everything have to be so sarcastic?!! Banks, I'm glad that you put up with the same questions from all of us newbies... And still manage to be supportive. Everyone has their own opinions, and I'm glad that we're allowed to post multiple questions, suggestions, and alternatives. I just don't think that this "discussion" needs to turn heated...

It doesn't have to turn heated. But it gets tiring whenever someone posts an alternative view, one that has worked for them for a while, and a bunch of people jump all over you for it.

People need to realize that not everyone's body works exactly the same way. There are differences, and while they may be subtle, some people can eat all their exercise calories and lose weight, and some can eat some, and some are best eating none.

It would be nice if during a discussion when someone posts something that they have done people don't jump down their throats for it.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

It doesn't have to turn heated. But it gets tiring whenever someone posts an alternative view, one that has worked for them for a while, and a bunch of people jump all over you for it.

People need to realize that not everyone's body works exactly the same way. There are differences, and while they may be subtle, some people can eat all their exercise calories and lose weight, and some can eat some, and some are best eating none.

It would be nice if during a discussion when someone posts something that they have done people don't jump down their throats for it.
    :drinker: Ah wouldn't that be pretty awesome!:flowerforyou:

Excercise cal discussion often seem to get a bit heated when their are strong personalities involved... I eat 1/2 back because that's what works for me, before coming here I had never heard of the concept, neither has anyone I know off this board, professionals I deal with etc., that got quite confusing to me to figure out who to listen too at first.

It does make sense if your cals are at the low end such as 1200, makes a whole lot of sense but I agree Drew, each of our bodies is very unique and we are entitled to do what is best for ourselves, least that's what I've drawn the conclusion of since I began my journey back in 2007.:flowerforyou:

Cheers:drinker: :happy:
    FC:heart:
  • drewzaun
    Options
    each of our bodies is very unique and we are entitled to do what is best for ourselves, least that's what I've drawn the conclusion of since I began my journey back in 2007.:flowerforyou:

Cheers:drinker: :happy:
    FC:heart:

:drinker: Cheers to you! I post what has worked for me since 2005. I haven't lost as much as you, but a little over 100 pounds, so I don't think I am spouting nonsense, even if I disagree with some of the main ideas posted here. Anyway, I am going on vacation this week so :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and back in the gym afterwards:laugh:
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try some destressing. Here I found a link to hypnotherapy you can download for free and I have found it very calming and very helpful.

http://www.davidpye.com/index.php?page=hypnosis
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    That's why I am so glad we're able to post our opinions, and our suggestions, on this website... Everyone has a different take on things-and it's always nice to get different feedback and options. I don't want anyone thinking that their opinion is wrong just because it didn't work for someone else... But I do think that people need to be treated with courtesy and respect:flowerforyou: , even though we can't see each other face to face...
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Melisa back to your original post..... you said in there that you had been starving yourself before. Sorry if I missed this but how long have you been eating the right calories? If your body was used to getting less than it's needed calories you may have set your metabolism there and now it may take a little longer to reset it to where your body knows it is going to get the needed food so it does not keep hanging on to every morsel you eat. Hope that makes sense.:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    ok, I'm in disagreement here, I'm not mad.

Jersey, and now Myastyme, are advocating methods that go against what we KNOW to be true. if you wanna eat only one snickers per day, you will lose weight as well. that doesn't mean it is helping your body out or doing it efficiently in a way that will have long lasting effects.

I am taking the advice of Banks (goal weight), Fitness Chick (230+ lbs lost), Tami (165+ lost)

you do what you want. but everytime I see a post that advocates against healthy weight loss, I will speak up. there is too much documented information that says EAT THE EXERCISE CALORIES.

perfectly said
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What is your carb/protein/fiber intake? It should be at about a 40/30/30% of your total calorie intake. Also, I stick to a 1600 calorie diet give or take. I never eat the extra calories from exercise on purpose. I guess my question with eating your exercise calories is, why? You have to burn more calories than you take in to lose weight so if you eat the extra calories from exercise you might as well not have exercised at all. Try sticking to a set number of calories. Check your carb/protein/fiber intake with what you are eating and try to stick to the 40/30/30 principle. I do P90X as my routine for exercise so I'm working out 6 days a week for between 45-75 minutes. I burn anywhere from 450-800 calories with my workouts. I've lost 11 pounds since I started my routine in the first week of January. I don't know if this will work for you but it is worth a try. Hang in there, you sound determined so I'm sure you can do this.

You're doing P90X on 1600 calories per day? Read your nutrition guide that came with it please!
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Eat the exercise calories, as long as you're still maintaining a net deficit and your net is 1200 calories per day or above. Work out. Eat clean. Jersey, P90X is awesome, the nutrition program is solid, and I too watch my ratios. 50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat. Clean eating all around from fresh, whole foods, non-starchy vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. There's nothing more to it really. Obviously, those percentages aren't for everyone, but higher protein nutrition plans (not diets) work, as is shown by numerous studies and real people working hard. Make sure you're not in starvation mode. Play around with your percentages a little bit to see if you can get the fire going again.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    1600 calories for P90X is fine, as long as you're maintaining a net above 1200 per day. This is if your goal is to lose weight. The nutrition plan for P90X is for people who are already at or very close to their ideal weight but trying to drop body fat%. Obviously, if you're trying to drop weight (not just body fat), you create a deficit. Many people have used this and if you hop over to the beachbody message boards there are many people who have used this system as a weight loss program and have had great success.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    She said she burns 450-800 calories per workout which puts her below net 1200 only eating 1600 calories per day. I've seen many coaches on the Beachbody P90X forums tell their girls to eat no less than 1800 calories on workout days.
    What I've done is pretend I'm at goal weight then followed the formula (which I know is a very rough guide, it's a very simple one) to get 1680 + exercise calories so I'm creating a deficit for weight loss but still hopefully eating enough to sustain myself though the weight training.

As long as someone has the energy they'll get through P90X and as you know we sure need fuel for this fitness program!