How Religious Are You?

Options
2»

Replies

• hikinggal11
    hikinggal11 Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have a eating disorder so I am pretty religious with my diet, as in sticking to a calorie goal, logging, etc. I have a hard time with control if I indulge in a cheat day, so I try to avoid them if at all possible.....like in parties, eating, dinning out etc. Maybe someday I can enjoy having a normal relationship with food!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want within my calories for whatever my goal is at the time. I do weigh and log everything out of habit and follow a weekly calorie goal so I can have larger/higher calorie meals when I feel like it. Easy peasy.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I religiously eat ice cream for dessert after dinner. Pretty much every night.

i usually eat ice for dinner
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My body is my temple- trying to keep it tended to everyday! OP- based on your question - yeah, I’m religious about my nutrition. ⚡️
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm not religious at all. I log everything that has calories but I don't weigh everything. I'm working with a trainer and he said as long as I'm losing as planned he's ok with it. I pull out the food scale when I need to calibrate my eyes or when it's something I may overeat like cashews. Otherwise I'm pretty lax at least in the weighing food department.

Having said that as I get closer to goal weight I know I might need to tighten my logging or if I get diet fatigue I'll need to use the food scale more often.

I don't restrict anything so there's really nothing to "cheat" on. I do however calorie cycle or bank calories to have a higher calorie day a week.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    I only eat swiss cheese because it's "holy" , and only on Sundays. Some days I cheat and eat cheddar.

Just kidding ;)
    I don't diet, I just eat things in moderation.

Even holier if you put it on a bagel.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I wasn't even "religious" about my calorie goal when I was losing weight! I mean, I tried to hit it most days, but if I went over one day, meh I'd do better tomorrow. Food has so many meanings, roles, and situations in life. I've never had any intention of limiting that by tying myself to a limiting diet. Learning to eat the foods I love in reasonable portions was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It took some work, trial & error, and patience but it set me up for maintenance like a champ :drinker:

So much this.

And even more so -- if I went over one day, well, so what? If I just get back to "normal" the next day, not even trying to balance it out with a bigger deficit, how much is that really going to impact my getting to my goal? At most a week. More like I wouldn't even notice. There are also days below goal; they balance out. This goes out the window if EVERY DAY is above (especially well above) the goal. But that's not what we're talking about, that's not following the program. Oh. Maybe that is religion. Good thing I'm an atheist.
  • Adam__20000
    Adam__20000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For the first 3 weeks of my weight loss plan I ate very strictly. Only stuff like Sushi and fruit. Now i’ve found I can lose weight while still eating less healthy foods so long as I maintain my deficit