Options
Hello.
I'm new in this app, i'm trying to get rid of my belly fat
What excersises would you recommend me? which one got you the best result

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Just eat fewer calories than you burn and you will lose fat.
  • walktalkdog
    walktalkdog Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've heard the saying "abs are made in the kitchen", which supports the message in all of the posts so far. It's a calorie deficit, and your body will lose the fat where it is genetically predisposed to.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    You just have to lose weight. No exercise is going to spot reduce fat from a particular area. The midsection is often primary fat stores, so it's a first on last off kind of thing.
  • hey876Tim
    hey876Tim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your responses.
    What are good excersises to burn calories? some workout that you suggest me
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    hey876Tim wrote: »

What have you currently been doing for exercise? Are you brand new to working out and being active?

Personally- I love lifting weights! That keeps me going to the gym. I’ve enjoyed running in the past- although my hips and knees don’t like me much when I do that. So I lift weights, and if I do cardio on a machine at the gym, it’s for about 10-15 minutes
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Can you let us know something about you? Weight, size, age, sex, goals?

As others have said, weight loss is much more about diet than exercise, but you should exercise for your overall health. What you do for exercise is mostly dependent on what you want to do, will enjoy and will actually do. So if you like running, then running is a good exercise. If you loathe the thought of running, then not such a good idea.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options

All exercise burns calories, so if you want to exercise, you should just pick something you enjoy. You also don't have to exercise in order to lose weight. You just have to eat fewer calories than your body burns.
  • hey876Tim
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Male, 30 years, 192 pounds, 5' 9
    My goal is to lose 37 pounds / 17 kilos, i gained that weight this year :(
    I'm trying to run each day for 25 minutes for now, just wanted to know what other excersise could be a good complement
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights is good for body composition/muscle retention.
  • apullum
    Options
    I'm trying to run each day for 25 minutes for now, just wanted to know what other excersise could be a good complement

How long have you been running, and what kind of exercise did you do before you started running? 25 minutes every day is a lot for running newbies unless they already have pretty high cardio fitness. You risk both burnout and injury if you try to do too much too soon.

If you want to run, I would recommend following a structured training program. C25K is a very popular one. You should also visit your local running store to be fitted for proper shoes.
  • hey876Tim
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

All exercise burns calories, so if you want to exercise, you should just pick something you enjoy. You also don't have to exercise in order to lose weight. You just have to eat fewer calories than your body burns.

I tried to eat less calories that my body burns, didn't work
    Hehehe
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Hehehe

How much was that?
  • hey876Tim
    Options

How long have you been running, and what kind of exercise did you do before you started running? 25 minutes every day is a lot for running newbies unless they already have pretty high cardio fitness. You risk both burnout and injury if you try to do too much too soon.

If you want to run, I would recommend following a structured training program. C25K is a very popular one. You should also visit your local running store to be fitted for proper shoes.

I used to swim and run before, i guess that is the reason i had a good condition, not anymore. I'm just going to start running again, i stopped running four months ago i didn't have time

Thanks for your responses
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights is good for body composition/muscle retention.

Says the person who loves lifting weights.....

:)

I like to run and am between 25 and 35 km per week right now. Will taper off as soon as the snow flies and I have to go indoors to run and my Sundays become cross country skiing instead of long runs.

I'm also lifting 3 times a week. I'm not really that fond of it but recognize it will help both my running and my general fitness.
  • apullum
    Options

Hehehe

How did you calculate how many calories you were eating and how many calories your body burns? How long did you give it before you decided it didn't work?

I used to swim and run before, i guess that is the reason i had a good condition, not anymore. I'm just going to start running again, i stopped running four months ago i didn't have time

Thanks for your responses

Again, I would strongly encourage not just going out and running every day. Follow a structured training plan to prevent injury.