Women losing weight to get pregnant?

Options
Any women out there working on losing weight so they can eventually have a healthy pregnancy and be a healthy example for their kids?

I'm working on losing weight mainly because I've decided I want a child. Having a fat parent and being raised in an unhealthy home environment is hard. I'm trying to get my home and my habits in order before I start trying for a child.

Anyone in a similar place?

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Me!

My husband and I have decided to start trying for a baby in summer 2020. I’m hoping to reach my goal weight this summer (I’m at my half way point now with just 35 lbs left to go!) and then maintain for a year so I can go into TTC and pregnancy healthy :)
  • jenny100986
    jenny100986 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me!
    No set plans and no set man right now. But I want to go it alone in a few years. So I’m getting healthy now to do it!
  • Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me! We're going to start trying again in January.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Me! My goal was to lose 60 before trying, I'm at 40 right now. I know I have so much more to lose, but I don't want to keep putting it off, I'm already 32.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Me! My goal was to lose 60 before trying, I'm at 40 right now. I know I have so much more to lose, but I don't want to keep putting it off, I'm already 32.

You could always start trying now while you keep losing weight. It can take time so you could still reach your goal before getting pregnant and even if you get pregnant before you reach your goal the weight you have lost has already benefited your health in so many ways.