There must be 50 more ways

Options
MistressSara
MistressSara Posts: 2,341 Member
edited November 2018 in Chit-Chat
It was a simpler time when Paul Simon wrote that there were 50 ways to leave your lover.

What are some of the more interesting or post-it note worthy ways you have dumped or been dumped?

Replies

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Slip out the back Jack
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    broke up with girl via text once. we'd been together for i think 2-3 years at that point.

I’m always surprised at your candor here. I appreciate it.

I assume she did something to deserve that...?
    iMago wrote: »
    broke up with girl via text once. we'd been together for i think 2-3 years at that point.

Dude. No.

ehh. she didn't really *do* anything that i was aware of at the time. i was kind of cheating on her at the time.

but the relationship had started to turn sour regardless for other reasons.

i did find out a while back that she'd kind of cheated on me already before the breakup too though so i don't feel especially bad about *that* aspect of it anymore.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was expecting so much more entertainment out of this thread by now
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Theres really only a handful of ways to break up.

I threatened a restraining order, blocked, and got a alarm system. He wouldnt take the pup back. So.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Yeah being dumped isn't fun, I was looking for something funny like 'my cat doesn't like you so you gotta go'.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I got jumped by a guy in a parking lot one time. I caught a glimpse of someone coming up behind me from the reflection of my truck window just before I got hit in the side of the head. I was on the ground while he was kicking me but managed to roll under the vehicle to get away, the whole time he's cussing me and telling me this is what I get for fooling around with his woman. At first I thought it was the husband of the woman I was sleeping with but turns out my girlfriend had another boyfriend and he didn't know about me. It took a few minutes to get everything cleared up but we ended up sharing a laugh about it. Her and I broke up after that, we were in mutual agreement that we were better off staying cousins.

this explains sooooo much

• Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings Posts: 5,545 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Yeah being dumped isn't fun, I was looking for something funny like 'my cat doesn't like you so you gotta go'.

My go to... 'It's not you, it's my horrible taste in men'