WW--> MFP 50 lbs to lose

Options
robin153
robin153 Posts: 14 Member
So here I am. Switched from the WW to the MFP and missing my daily posts on the Connect so I started this discussion for my own accountability. I hope that with time I will be able to connect more with the MFB community. I am 53 and have lost some weight on WW but I need more structure that the new program was providing. I credit WW for helping me to build new habits around food though. At this point I eat very healthy but still too much.
Onward!

Here are my goals for today.
🍁 Track
🍁 Vitamins
🍁Move at least 30 minutes ( hotel gym)
🍁Dinner with coworkers this evening. Check the menu in advance andd choose food. Have a salad before the dinner so I am not starving.

I

Replies

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This link should lead you to a group meant for daily accountability posts and community more like Connect. In case you are interested.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • robin153
    Options
    Thank you so much!I will check it out!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    MFP rocks :smile: Welcome! :smile:
    I lost 30lbs with this app and am maintaining that loss now for more than 5 years.

Log your food, be consistent at staying within your calorie allowance and you will lose weight.

All the best,
    Ruth
  • robin153
    Options
    I lost 70+ pounds logging food here ten years ago. I wish you all the success in the world. It's worth the short struggle to get to a healthy weight.[/quote]

Congratulations. For me this is a life-time battle with obesity but I am not giving up! This gives me a hope!

• robin153
    Options
    MFP rocks :smile: Welcome! :smile:
    I lost 30lbs with this app and am maintaining that loss now for more than 5 years.

Log your food, be consistent at staying within your calorie allowance and you will lose weight.

All the best,
    Ruth

Thanks a million. Still trying to figure out how this technology works!
  • robin153
    Options
    Hey, welcome into the light!

I think you'll find this site to be very illuminating and interesting. I lost 70+ pounds logging food here ten years ago. I wish you all the success in the world. It's worth the short struggle to get to a healthy weight.

Now I see. If one want to respond individually to replies one needs to quote. So one more time! Thank you for this nice welcome!
  • robin153
    Options
    Question - can one edit an original post? I would like to keep adding to it throughout a day?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    The edit is for an hour only.
    If you want to reply to someone without quoting put @ in front of their username, no gaps.
    Ie: @middlehaitch.

Welcome, wish you every success.

Cheers, h.
  • robin153
    Options
    Thanks a million.
  • robin153
    Options
    Day 2:
    I left about 600 calories for the dinner in the restaurant and very likely I ate more than that. But today is a new day and I am back to tracking. Plans for today:

*vitamins
    *tracking
    *water ( I struggle profoundly with it)
    *while in the airport tired - DO NOT, DO NOT give up. I have a book, get a hot tea ( can be fancy) and just wait the cravings out. The scale will reward me for this mindset.

After my conference is over - just walk, walk until the time to the airport.
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently switched from ww to m f p as well!