Been diagnosed with PCOS and already have Hypothyroidism. How do I lose weight? I'm struggling.

Options
Meeva87
Meeva87 Posts: 57 Member
edited November 2018 in Health and Weight Loss

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It's the same as if you didn't have those issues. You need to be in a calorie deficit, which means eating fewer calories than you burn. Eat less, move more, or do both. I suggest the latter. Sitting in place for 16 hours a day is absolutely terrible for your health. Your non-exercise calorie burn has got to be horribly low. Surely you can get up and move around more, either during the day or during off hours.

Speaking of too much sitting: Sitting Kills, Moving Heals: How Everyday Movement Will Prevent Pain, Illness, and Early Death -- and Exercise Alone Won't

...This groundbreaking new medical work demonstrates how modern sedentary lifestyles contribute to poor health, obesity, and diabetes, and how health can be dramatically improved by continuous, low-intensity, movement that challenges the force of gravity. Citing her original NASA research on how weightlessness weakens astronauts' muscles, bones, and overall health, the author presents a simple and effective plan for maintaining good health throughout life by developing new lifestyle habits of frequent gravity-challenging movement. Written for everyone who spends most of their lives sitting in chairs, at desks, and in cars, this practical, easy-to-follow action plan outlines simple gravity-challenging activities such as standing up frequently, stretching, walking, and dancing that are more healthful and effective than conventional diet and exercise regimens.

51k8mTB9bKL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    PCOS is often considered to be an expression of insulin resistance. Because of that, some find success by lowering carbs, especially refined or sugary carbs.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I think @Meeva87 has left MFP. h.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Even if she left, this info is still good for those that ar going through something similar.

I have PCOS, Hypothyroidism, & insulin resistant. Only thing that has worked for me is low carb. Doing keto now and I lose pretty slow most of the time, but it is coming off.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.