Do you cheat meal while on your weight loss journey?

Options
2»

Replies

• paepaesayob
    paepaesayob Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday it's a cheat meal for me....
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

My point is, it's not cheatin', it's just eatin'! Something you do (hopefully) daily.

I love this!

It's not cheating, it's a choice. You can choose to eat at a deficit, at maintenance, or above maintenance. Whatever you choose, accept it and move on. It's the overall trend over time that determines if you lose, maintain or gain.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 cheat days during these 5 months I've been losing weight. One was spontaneous (it took the place of a planned cheat) and one was planned (thanksgiving). First time, it took 2 weeks for my body to get back to normal. This last time, it's taking over a week to feel like my body is back to where it was.
    Some folks are ok to cheat, I'm not.
    I have an unhealthy relationship with food (I overeat and I'm insulin resistant too so the foods I crave aren't tolerated by my body) and if I allowed myself to cheat regularly, I'd spiral right back to eating junk food all the time like I used to do in the past. I'm just over doing that crap now so... no cheating regularly for myself. Other than for Thanksgiving, I really haven't had that urge to want to cheat, BUT when Thanksgiving was getting closer, I still found myself trying to come up with excuses to cheat sooner. "Already gonna be cheating for Thanksgiving, might as well start Wednesday. What would it hurt if I ate all of these carby leftovers Friday? One more day won't hurt anything." It's the same crap I said to myself before that I always gave in to that always had me right back to eating crap.
    I'm finally, FINALLY in the right place mentally to stick with a healthier diet and I'm done sabotaging myself b/c I want some junk food.
    The junk food or foods I can't have right now aren't going anywhere and will be there once I'm in maintenance. I'll be able to have them again eventually when I don't have to be so strict.