Ectomorph body type measurements

Options
Hello.

I am currently taking a fitness instructor course and i have to create a personalized training routine for an ectomorph body type person. As i don't have anybody to ask for this, i hope that somebody from this beautiful community would be so kind to provide me his body stats (if it is not too personal).

So, i need measurements of arms, chest, navel and 2" above navel, glutes, thighs and calves and some general info such as age, weight and height.

Thanks and i hope i will help you back in a way.

Replies

• sabredanny
    sabredanny Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The idea is not to determine a person's body type based on measurements. I have to do an anamnesis (fitness assessment) like i would do it in real life on a client. And that's why i would have liked to use real body measurements and not to invent some :smile:

I suppose i will look up for a measurement tape and a thin person who i can use it on. But still maybe somebody would be kind... :)
  • sabredanny
    Options
    Ok. I suppose this has been misunderstood and i didnt want to create spam with my request. Maybe i shouldnt have posted this here.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.
  • sabredanny
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Shouldn’t you be basing a plan on their goals vs a debunked theory of body types?

Of course yes, their goal and actual fitness status (experience, body composition etc) are the mainly concerns when setting up a plan. The purpose of my request was to find out how some data of an actual thin person (i see you dont like the word ectomorph) would look. I would never judge or prescribe something to a person based on the old somatotype paradigm, no way.

This is why i've said that my post may have been misunderstood.

^I don't look up to fool myself. This thing with somatotypes it's just a small chapter from the theoretical part of the course. Nobody has mentioned nothing about this in the practical part, which is a good thing.

Now i really do hope that i made things at least a bit clearer regarding this topic. I really do make my research and i dont take anything for granted.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So, Leonardo DiCapprio is kind of ectomorph-y, right? 6'0", 75kg, and according to this his measurements are: chest is 42 inches, his waist is 35 inches and his biceps are 14 inches.

Close enough?

Bow Wow is 5'7" 65kg, and this: His chest measures 38 inches, his waist is 30 inches and his biceps are 12 inches.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, 5'9" 70kg, Chest – 40 in or 102 cm, Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm, Waist – 32 in or 81 cm - from this site.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    the thing with somatype is it was designed to characterize a persons personality based on their body type. it has nothing to do with fitness or anything else pertaining to fitness.someone just took that idea and made it to make money off of. because if you take somatypes and base it on fitness many people will fit into more than one of the categories,heck if they were a thing I fit into all 3,as I have some characterisitics of all 3. why is this even being covered in the course? they really are behind on the times for sure if thats part of the curriculum
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    sabredanny wrote: »
    Hello.

I am currently taking a fitness instructor course and i have to create a personalized training routine for an ectomorph body type person. As i don't have anybody to ask for this, i hope that somebody from this beautiful community would be so kind to provide me his body stats (if it is not too personal).

So, i need measurements of arms, chest, navel and 2" above navel, glutes, thighs and calves and some general info such as age, weight and height.

Why don't you use the SEARCH feature and type Ectomorph . You will find many members who describe themselves as ectomorphs, despite the concept being debunked. Add them as friend, mention their forum post describing themselves as ectomorphs, and invite them to answer your individualised measurement requirements. A general forum call out is unwise.

Why it is unwise, exactly? A general post where someone can choose to respond if they want to seems far less creepy than someone sending a friend request or PM because they read about someone's body and want to know their measurements.

For his purpose. Defeatist.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    @sabredanny

Have you tried Googling Somatype support groups? Specifically, ectomorphs? Those would be more helpful in order for you to complete coursework than these boards.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    sabredanny wrote: »
    Hello.

Why don't you use the SEARCH feature and type Ectomorph . You will find many members who describe themselves as ectomorphs, despite the concept being debunked. Add them as friend, mention their forum post describing themselves as ectomorphs, and invite them to answer your individualised measurement requirements. A general forum call out is unwise.

Why it is unwise, exactly? A general post where someone can choose to respond if they want to seems far less creepy than someone sending a friend request or PM because they read about someone's body and want to know their measurements.

I would certainly find it creepy AF.

@sabredanny Am I reading you as meaning that within one of the texts you are using, somatotypes were discussed, but the terminology is not something used by people teaching in the program? Bet you didn't anticipate stepping on that landmine here. :ohwell: Hopefully, you've chosen to go with some of the information @cmriverside shared.