Good incentive idea!

Options
I work at a teacher supply store and one of the things we sell are incentive posters and charts. There are also smaller ones and even a magnetic dry erase board one. I thought that you could put a poster on your fridge, or somewhere else in your house, and label things like "ate 5 servings of fruits and veggies," "drank 8 glasses of water," "exercised," stayed within my net calorie goal," etc. And you give yourself a sticker each time you do one of these. When you fill up the chart, you reward yourself with something, say a new shirt, or an outing of some sort. Just an idea! You can order these charts and stickers anywhere online. Companies that make them are Creative Teaching Press, Trend, Carson-Dellosa, Teacher Created Resources.

Replies

• pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    make great since...I have used this with my kiddos with chores :happy:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    LOL funny you should post this - my friend is a teacher with handicapped. When I shared last week's weight loss with her she joked about getting me a chart with gold stars
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    That is a much more pleasant method than mine.

When I start to slack I watch Silence of the Lambs and tell myself if I don't get back on track I'm the going to be one of the fat girls who gets turned into the skin suit.
  • shonasteele
    Options

When I start to slack I watch Silence of the Lambs and tell myself if I don't get back on track I'm the going to be one of the fat girls who gets turned into the skin suit.

Major LOL! That's hilarious! :laugh:
  • Michelle9939
    Options

lol
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    Wooo hooo that's hilarious ilookthetype!! :)
  • jenluvs2sing
    jenluvs2sing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is SO FANTASTIC! And I LOVE your signature, I'm going to have to change it to make it a mantra, Zombies Don't Drink Milkshakes. :D
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention that.

I bought this "Chore Chart" at Target when I started about 2 months ago. Along the side, instead of chores, you can list, like you said, whatever you choose. I have "Diet", "Cardio", "Strength", "Vitamin", etc. Along the top are listed the days of the week, Sun - Sat. It also comes with about 40 little mini magnetized disks of different colors/designs. All-in-all a great motivational bargain at about $8!

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=chore&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0