Heavy metal music

Options
Does anyone here workout to heavy metal music, like Godsmack or Disturbed? I was wondering what were some killer songs by bands like that? Also, what about punk music like Limp Bizkit or Korn? I'm just searching for some new really heavy loud rebellious crazy workout music/songs to kick out the jams with, thanks.

Replies

• cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I agree with your definition of Punk, but for some old-school punk, I'd recommend the Misfits. They have some great fast-paced tracks that make me WANT to finish my sets. Good luck!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider Disturbed or Godsmack to be Metal either. lawl. [=
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider Disturbed or Godsmack to be Metal either. lawl. [=

Lol this ^^
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here workout to heavy metal music, like Godsmack or Disturbed? I was wondering what were some killer songs by bands like that? Also, what about punk music like Limp Bizkit or Korn? I'm just searching for some new really heavy loud rebellious crazy workout music/songs to kick out the jams with, thanks.

I wouldn't call Limp Bizkit or Korn punk. When I hear the term punk I think old-school punk (Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Ramones, The Misfits).

My playlist is basically a mix of:
    Slipknot,
    Murderdolls,
    Sex Pistols,
    The Clash,
    The Ramones,
    The Misfits,
    Slayer,
    Metallica,
    Rammstein.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Metallica always moves me. I got to see them in Halifax last month. A long time dream of mine!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I work out to some Clutch songs from time to time and some old 7M3 and I really like working out to Soundgarden's "Drawing Flies", Sevendusts' "Waffle", Union Underground's "Turn Me On Mr. Dead Man" & "South Texas Death Ride", Totem Soul's "Right Today", Rage Against The Machine's "Bulls On Parade", Coal Chamber's "Sway", Slipknot's "Wait and Bleed", System of a Down's "Sugar", Flyleaf's "Fully Alive" and PapaRoach's "Last Resort"
  • rgillan
    rgillan Posts: 2
    Options
    Look up my band Armada Drive on Grooveshark.com if you like heavy rock and metal. We're from Halifax, NS Canada.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Five finger death punch , mudvayne, nonpoint, slipknot are all in my workout rotation
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Five finger death punch , mudvayne, nonpoint, slipknot are all in my workout rotation

mine too minus nonpoint :]
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Listen to ad I lay dying - the powerless rise. That is metal at it most brutal!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I saw Godsmack and Disturbed last weekend at Mayhem Fest in Tampa...they tore the roof off that place. I have a lot of their music on my workout playlist...angry music serves me well when I'm punching/kicking the crap out of things.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I work out to some Clutch songs from time to time and some old 7M3 and I really like working out to Soundgarden's "Drawing Flies", Sevendusts' "Waffle", Union Underground's "Turn Me On Mr. Dead Man" & "South Texas Death Ride", Totem Soul's "Right Today", Rage Against The Machine's "Bulls On Parade", Coal Chamber's "Sway", Slipknot's "Wait and Bleed", System of a Down's "Sugar", Flyleaf's "Fully Alive" and PapaRoach's "Last Resort"

I looooooove Clutch!!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My playlist consists of Disturbed, Godsmack, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Breaking Benjamin, Ozzy/Sabbath, ACDC, System of a Down...there's so many I can't even think of them all right now...but it varies greatly..hell there's even some skid row and bon jovi thrown in for good measure...and Journey (guilty pleasure, so sue me).
    Anything but rap/hiphop type crap.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I looooooove Clutch!!!!

The Elephant Riders is a great warm up/walking song
  • BigReddHair
    Options
    I only work out to hard rock. My new favorite find is "Gun Show" by In This Moment. That chick can rock like none other. Most girls just can't pull that off.
    I also love love love Slipknot...Psychosocial is a good one always.
    Let me tell you, lets not forget about Nine Inch Nails...holy cow...from Pretty Hate Machine to The Slip, there is enough music on there to keep you moving forever!!!!
    OH...and Rage Against the Machine. Always and forever.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    Pantera-walk
    NIN-We're in this together now
    Henry Rollins-Liar
    Danzig-Mother
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    how about you guys try some Whitechapel, the Acacia Strain, the black dahlia murder, all shall perish., Oceano, Job for a Cowboy, Despised Icon, Impending Doom...some REAL metal :) it always gets me amped up
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You can google MTV's Headbanger's Ball and watch show clips and videos on the site. It's pretty cool.
  • zapatasbloodjv
    Options
    When i'm doing my cardio I like to listen to underground hip hop:

Bambu, Sick jacken, ill bill, necro, dead prez, immortal tech, etc.

When i'm lifting or doing an ab workout its gotta be metal:

slayer, metallica (early only), asesino, deicide, cannibal corspe (early only), hatebreed (first 3 albums), RATM, and sep[ultura/
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    One song I really like to workout to is kind of old. . .Soylent Green by Wumpscut.