A lifetime fatty: new chapter

Options
Hi!

I’ve used MFP off and on for 5 years or so. I’ve been up to 220lbs ( I’m 5’4 on a good day) and low as 165 and back again. I experimented with diets and vegan/vegetarianism but am now eating what I know works for me for the most part. I enjoy eating healthy but struggle to get moving! I got engaged this year 💍 and my fiancé and I are relocating out of state (for the second time) once he graduates in May. He has actually been obese, then fit, and is now rockin a dad bod and sort of on this journey with me!

I’d like to connect with people that are positive and help inspire/build each other up. I’ve never posted or shared anything on MFP until just recently. My mom has lost 70 lbs with lifestyle change and using MFP and she is very active here, which helps inspire me.

Let’s get to know each other a bit and be friends! I think connecting with more people will help keep me accountable, and I hope to share some positivity with you as well :).

Cheers!

Replies

• TJ_Slade
    TJ_Slade Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I ate vegan/vegetarian for most of this past year. Lost a lot of weight, but due to some unrelated digestive issues I was having I had to change things up, and am now doing the "what works for me" thing too.
    Trying to get back into a good gym routine as well. You sound motivated and that's the key.

Congrats on getting engaged too!
  • NirToDef
    NirToDef Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats on the engagement! And welcome back! I started keto last week and has worked well for me. Hope you find everything your looking for on MFP.
  • cleblanc127
    cleblanc127 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    TJ_Slade wrote: »
    I ate vegan/vegetarian for most of this past year. Lost a lot of weight, but due to some unrelated digestive issues I was having I had to change things up, and am now doing the "what works for me" thing too.
    Trying to get back into a good gym routine as well. You sound motivated and that's the key.

Congrats on getting engaged too!

What were the digestive issues?
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    All the best and congrats