At home workout ideas

Hello I am making a total life change and wondering what at home workouts could I do? My goal is to start 30 mins of walking or cardio. No gym membership and the weather is bad now.

Replies

• Thanks so much I will check it out
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I google Zumba vidoes for my favorite songs.

Yoga with Adriene.

Fitness Blender. I mostly use their stretching exercises, but they have pretty much everything.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Jumping rope is an effective exercise that you can do at home, though you need to measure the rope carefully if you're going to use it with a standard 8-foot ceiling. Another possibility is a circuit workout like the "seven minute workout" from the New York Times, which you can build up to doing 3 or 4 times to fill out 30 minutes.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Jumping rope for 30 min is really hard. 5 min is hard.
  • angelarene626
    angelarene626 Posts: 32 Member
    Fitness Blender and YouTube has full Jillian Michaels videos
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Jillian Michaels videos, Insanity workouts. When you're ready buy some adjustable dumbbells and follow a beginner dumbbell program, even a cheap $40 set of weights will take you far as a beginner (or look around for a secondhand set)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited December 2018
    I like Leslie Sansone walk at home videos on YouTube.

This^

I like her. But I generally buy DVDs because the newer "Just Walk" ones allow you to choose a music only option. Leslie is way too cheerful for me (in the morning).

If you've got a library card, check out DVDs there. I like being able to test drive workouts, you'll be able to pick out your likes and dislikes pretty quick.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Jumping rope for 30 min is really hard. 5 min is hard.

two mins is hard!
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    I swear by YouTube, just search for the kind of workout you feel like doing that day and go for it! They have everything, from machine workouts (ellipticals, bikes, etc) to basic cardio workouts, to dance (think Zumba) workouts, to... if you can think of it, it will be there! Just remember... search for BEGINNER workouts, otherwise you'll either hurt yourself or discourage yourself. ;-) And if a workout is too easy you can just search for one a bit harder!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I also like Leslie Sansone. There are definitely times she is too cheerful for me. Sometimes I end up talking back to her.
  • FitAndLean_5738
    FitAndLean_5738 Posts: 90 Member
    I like Fitness Blender and the Nike Training Club app. Fitness blender is huge and they have hundreds of workout videos, with several no equipment options. The Nike Training Club app is very nice because it's free and includes multi-week workout plans that can be customized to your current fitness level.
  • amandajames8755
    amandajames8755 Posts: 1 Member
    I have spina bifida and im in a wheelchair and can only use my upper body for exercise any ideas for upper body exercises please YouTube videos dont work for me they are too dumb honestly
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    I’ve done Jillian Michaels the 30day shred, with weights and a yoga mat. Also ran back and forth in my house, before I began jogging. Then found a $50 elliptical online and that’s become my go to, to replace jogging. I like the toning from the Jillian Michaels, I’m about to start that up again!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I like a lot of PopSugarFitness’s videos on YouTube. They have a huge selection and a lot of variety so I’m sure you’d find something you like.

If you want a bit more structure I used to pay $15 a month for Daily Burn and really loved their workouts. They had new workouts daily but also had a lot of different programs you could choose from that catered to every level of fitness. Their beginner program was great.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Fitnessblender (tons of free videos)
    Sparkpeople has some workout videos as well (also free)

Dailyburn (subscription based service for workouts...Groupon sometimes has a 3 month free coupon)

Beachbody on Demand (subscription service that gives you access to all Beachbody programs)

I’d recommend YouTube, but lately they keep throwing ads in mid video that pause the workouts.

You can also invest in some Fitness DVDs. I got a bunch of Jillian Michaels DVDs from Dollar Tree earlier this year. Apparently some locations have restocked them throughout the year (according to the Facebook group I am in that is).

If you have amazon prime there are some workout videos that are part of prime video.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I have spina bifida and im in a wheelchair and can only use my upper body for exercise any ideas for upper body exercises please YouTube videos dont work for me they are too dumb honestly

there are a lot of upper body videos on youtube that arent dumb. you just have to know what to search for and fitness blender has videos on youtube and their website fitnessblender.com.