Fast healthy dinner ideas for family

MeganReid1991
MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
Only have 15 mins to get dinner on the table tonight, don’t want to order pizza help

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    What do you have on hand?
  • PreciousGems1
    PreciousGems1 Posts: 27 Member
    What protein do you have? Starch, veg?
  • PreciousGems1
    Yesterday, I seared a London Broil in a porcelain cast iron pot, poured about 2 c of water over it, stirred the meat to loosen the bits off the bottom of the pan and threw it in the 350 degree oven for an hr and a half. Tossed about 2# of potatoes on top, covered again,cooked another hr and done. 1 1/2# meat cooked down to about 12 oz so hubby had 5, i had 3 1/2 and 3 3/4 left. we each had some potatoes, the meat and carrots. i shredded the leftover meat, cut up some potatoes and added more carrots to it, a little Better than Buillion. in the fridge overnight and soup tonight for supper. A crockpot can do what I did in the oven yesterday, fyi. I will get my journal and give you the stats of my meal:meat 151 cal and 8 g fat, pota 165 and 0 fat. i didn't write down carrots.
  • PreciousGems1
    Chicken breast or pork loin cut up w/ kitchen shears, seasoned, starch on side and veg. my go to... I was rocking 30 min meals way before Rachael Ray ever came on the scene. Meatloaf ingredients shaped into patties, poached in buillion, turn half way thru cooking and it is done in 15 min vs an hour+ in the oven...
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    I have to go to the grocery store so I can pick up anything
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Spaghetti, pre made sauce, salad
    Scrambled eggs, vegetables or fruit, toast
    Tacos, taco salad
    Burgers, salad or fruit
    Oatmeal
    Sandwiches or wraps, veggies and hummus or cottage cheese
    Stir fry
    Pizza using tortilla for a crust.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
    There's a website called damn delicious that has a bunch of easy and healthy recipes. It's my go to when I'm at a loss