What food/drink did you love when you were a child, but can't stomach now?

Strawberry flavored milk. Just the thought of it makes me gag a little.

Replies

• dowhatrightis
    dowhatrightis Posts: 30 Member
    edited December 2018
    Coke. It's like drinking a bottle of acid. More so than any other cola/ soda, other than maybe Pepsi. But I've never liked Pepsi anyway.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Brussels Sprouts. I absolutely loved them as a kid. Now, I don't like them cooked in any way.

The reverse is true for broccoli though. Can't get enough of it now.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Blue cheese, coconut macaroons and marshmallows (ate too many of those last two and still have a pretty significant taste aversion to them)
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Malt O Meal, either flavor.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Any super sugary candy (Pixie Sticks, Fun Dip, etc).
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Soda especially orange and grape, cheese from a can, sugary breakfast cereals
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Any super sugary candy (Pixie Sticks, Fun Dip, etc).

Yeah, I was just thinking of these. I didn't love them as a kid, but I enjoyed them well enough, and not the idea makes me gag.

Orange pop, that was what I always got if we went to McD's.

Fish sticks.
  • lgt2015
    lgt2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Packaged snack cakes like Twinkies, Lil' Debbie cakes, etc. I used to get them in my lunches when I was a kid and loved them. Now they don't even taste like food.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    lgt2015 wrote: »
    Packaged snack cakes like Twinkies, Lil' Debbie cakes, etc. I used to get them in my lunches when I was a kid and loved them. Now they don't even taste like food.

I agree with this one, definitely. I lived for Ding Dongs and Little Debbies as a kid and preteen. By high school they grossed me out. I even worked for Wonder Hostess right out of college and did not want the endless free snack cakes that were available. I lost like 15 lb without trying being around all that stuff daily (I needed to lose 115+ lb but still it was cool).

Also agree with the strawberry milk! I liked it even 4-5 years ago but tried a little bottle of Nesquik strawberry recently and it just tasted like pink, sugar flavored milk to me, I couldn't even get a strawberry flavor from that - except if I used my imagination, I guess.

Unfortunately, I still love most of the stuff I did as a kid though...Oreos & Famous Amos cookies with milk for dipping, cheeseburgers from just about any fast food place, pepperoni deep dish from Pizza Hut, and I'd probably still take down one of the XL meatballs-and-cheese Hot Pockets, given the chance.

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Mayo sandwiches. Ugh why?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited December 2018
    Lemon marinated raw fish or gelatinous seaweed pie.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Pickles
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited December 2018
    Oh, I thought of one! As a kid, I used to break a piece of American cheese into quarters, put each on a saltine, and heat them in the microwave. Best after school snack ever, IM (as a child) O. Now, I haven't had a saltine in ages, and don't like American cheese.

Another, Nilla wafers in milk. I'd dunk them longer and longer until the milk was filled with cookie and then drink it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Velvetta, Cheese Whiz, cereal, canned vegetables
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Soft boiled eggs.