Crossfitters Welcome

Options
KETO12CROSSFIT
KETO12CROSSFIT Posts: 81 Member
Look for true crossfit athletes to chat with. People who love the sport, the athletes, the diet and the lifestyle. Feel free to add me if you’d like.

Replies

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    That was rude of me! Ugh sorry!🤷👍
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Edited.
    I was rude too. Sorry.
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    Functional fitness at high intensity. Constantly varied. Most people that knock it can’t hack it anyway. So the haters are welcome too.
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    Exactly
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I remember I showed my little brother that college humor CrossFit video. He said that wasn’t how I worked. I asked how he tore his calf and slipped a disc in his back
    CrossFit
  • newmeadow
    Options
    Exactly

i was just wondering what all it involved but i guess it’s above my head bc i dont know what functional fitness meand

It means lifting stuff with poor form, just like everyday life. Hence functional. ;)

i just heard some people love it and idk i’ll try anything but then one time someone said “omg you have to try orange theory” so i tried orange theory and it was like boot camp with the real housewives of NY :( i cant do that again, it crushed my soul

and then that time i tried hot yoga and almost died bc i kept holding my breath so i didn’t breath in other people’s sticky humid body odor air

and pilates was just boring

can anyone for real explain crossfit

💕💕💕💕💕💕
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Exactly

i was just wondering what all it involved but i guess it’s above my head bc i dont know what functional fitness meand

It means lifting stuff with poor form, just like everyday life. Hence functional. ;)

i just heard some people love it and idk i’ll try anything but then one time someone said “omg you have to try orange theory” so i tried orange theory and it was like boot camp with the real housewives of NY :( i cant do that again, it crushed my soul

and then that time i tried hot yoga and almost died bc i kept holding my breath so i didn’t breath in other people’s sticky humid body odor air

💕💕💕💕💕💕

Again, I’m no guru but I’m willing to help anyone with any knowledge of anything I have.
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Exactly

yoga at home is better. get yourself a mat babe and youtube stuff. i do a combination of yoga and qi gong. if you're interested, inbox me. i'd never go to a class personally ;)
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    Never stop evolving. Routine is the enemy. Maybe yoga will be my next conquest after i injury myself with all my poor form.
  • newmeadow
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Exactly

💕💕💕💕💕💕

Again, I’m no guru but I’m willing to help anyone with any knowledge of anything I have.

There's a CrossFit gym near me that's open air during the summer so people driving or walking by can see it in its entirety.

It looks kinda like my high school gym from the 80s but much less spacious.

I called a few CrossFit Gyms out of curiosity when MFP was all abuzz about CrossFit.

They all had the same two things in common. Limited hours of operation and high membership fees. Definitely not a feasible option for a working class or lower income individual.
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    Absolutely. I love a healthy debate. It’s how we all grow, learn more and get better. I fit haters in with my macros. I’m a Christian too if the trolls want to come at me on that too. I’ll put the coffee on.

we’re not allowed to discuss religion on these boards

Honestly it was just an example. Thanks for the tip though. Heads up, I’d win there too.
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    Exactly

💕💕💕💕💕💕

There's a CrossFit gym near me that's open air during the summer so people driving or walking by can see it in its entirety.

It looks kinda of like my high school gym from the 80s but much less spacious.

I called a few CrossFit Gyms out if curiosity when MFP was all abuzz about CrossFit.

They all had the same two things in common. Limited hours of operation and high membership fee. Definitely not a feasible option for a working class or lower income individual.

YouTube the workouts and do them in your driveway. It’s free.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm no crossfitter per se, but I do think crossfit in general promotes a good balance of diet, exercise, motivation, & healthy lifestyle choices. I like how balanced it is in terms of using a good mix of calisthenics, compound lifts, Olympic lifts, etc. (this is a huge plus for experienced lifters who face burnout/boredom)

I'm just not 100% on some of the unique exercises & sometimes questionable "games" where quantity reps > quality reps & exercise is timed (faster reps with poorer form over quality form with deliberate rhythm ex) fast concentric, slow negative).
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    Options
    Absolutely. I love a healthy debate. It’s how we all grow, learn more and get better. I fit haters in with my macros. I’m a Christian too if the trolls want to come at me on that too. I’ll put the coffee on.

we’re not allowed to discuss religion on these boards

Honestly it was just an example. Thanks for the tip though. Heads up, I’d win there too.

Chad?

Salad?
  • newmeadow
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Exactly

💕💕💕💕💕💕

It looks kinda of like my high school gym from the 80s but much less spacious.

I called a few CrossFit Gyms out if curiosity when MFP was all abuzz about CrossFit.

They all had the same two things in common. Limited hours of operation and high membership fee. Definitely not a feasible option for a working class or lower income individual.

YouTube the workouts and do them in your driveway. It’s free.

No. My health (or lack thereof) currently only allows me to walk for 20 minutes at a very moderate pace every other day or do a half hour of chair yoga every other day.

To each their own but I've heard a lot of young healthy people give themselves injury with chronic consequences doing CrossFit.

Also I don't own or even rent a driveway.