c25k starting 1st August - support group?

Options

Replies

• lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I tried it but after the first 2 minutes of jogging I felt like I was going to pop a lung. Did anyone else struggle to get started?

I personally didn;t have trouble with it util week 3-4. Jog slower and walk slower. Are you on the treadmill or outside?
  • lalalazzz
    Options
    5'5"; 226; 31yo

Still wondering - do you RUN or JOG?

You have to do it based on YOU, I think. I run at 6.0 on my treadmill and walk at 3.5. For me, I'd consider it jogging.
  • Booobarella
    Options
    I'm on the treadmill. I walk at 4.5km and jog at 6km.
  • lalalazzz
    Options
    That may be too much for you if you don't really exercise. I'm an out of shape runner, I used to run a lot, had a baby, didn't exercise for over a year and am trying to get back into it. I think 4.5 is really fast walking! (for me anyway) try walking slower and maybe run at like 5.7 and work our way up to 6.
  • Booobarella
    Options
    I am doing the treadmill program, but that is the pace I walk at everyday so it's nothing new for me. Might try running at a lower pace and see how I go.

Thanks for that :)
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    I'm on WEEK 2 Day 3.....really nervous about next week. Does anybody know how hard you are supposed to push yourself during the RUN times?
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Did week 3 day 1 today. It wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. In fact since I have a 5K walk scheduled for next weekend I wanted to make sure I could confidently do the distance so I did the C25K program all the way out the trail and when I was done with everything but the cooldown I walked the whole way back. I did just over 3 miles so I know I will be able to do the whole walk without problem next week since I won't be doing any running at all.
  • sheabutt
    sheabutt Posts: 24
    Options
    omggg week 4 is killlinnn meeee!!!

I totally feel you.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I started Week 4 off beautifully, but it was quite a challenge. I loved it! :happy:
  • ydeemar
    ydeemar Posts: 44
    Options
    I started Week 4 off beautifully, but it was quite a challenge. I loved it! :happy:

i wish i could say the same thing, i started w4d1 last night and i cheated.. 2nd round of running 5 minutes i stopped for around 20secs to catch my breath.. should i repeat it or go ahead to w4d2 :sad:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    I did a couple of days off week 3 last week so gonna repeat this week! Its kinda scary - I was ok the first 3 min run but tboth times I really wanted to give up on the second run but I didnt! im quite proud! Looking forward to doing it again this week!

You are ALL doing so awesome! and im so glad we are all just doing it at out own pace! keep it up folks

Much love J xxx
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    W2D1.... Much better than I thought it would be! I was scared I couldn't complete it but I did... And even wanted to run another round! Having never been a runner, I am ecstatic! If I can do this, annnnyyyone can! Hope y'all are all still on track!
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    Update: W5 Days 1 & 2 completed. D1 was not easy but the three 5 minute stretches were definitely doable. D2 on the other hand, kicked my butt!! This is the day where you have two 8 minute stretches of jogging and I was struggling.

Note: In all fairness, D1 I jogged early in the morning by myself. D2 was in the afternoon (much hotter) pushing a double stroller with about 45 pounds worth of little ones. The stroller slowed me down & wore me out significantly...I only covered about 1.2 miles though I usually do about 1.8 miles.

D3 is a full 20 minute jog, so I plan to squeeze in a repeat of D2 on Wednesday before finally doing D3 on Friday. If I can do the full 20 minutes then I'm taking the weekend off (judging by my last few jogs, my body is going to need it). If I cannot do the 20 minutes, then I'll be aiming for 15 minutes of jogging (5 min warm-up walk/15 min jog/8 min walk) and will try the D3 plan again on Sunday.

Wish me luck! If anyone has already tackled W5, I would love some pointers/feedback on my little plan. Thanks! :wink:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    I am doing W3 again as I only done 2 days off it last week!

I really struggled today - Im feeling very tired and no energy so that prob doesnt help.

Hope u guys are all doing well keep posting :) x
  • MereMe
    Options
    Got excuses?

"Somewhere someone busier than you is running"
  • sheabutt
    sheabutt Posts: 24
    Options

i wish i could say the same thing, i started w4d1 last night and i cheated.. 2nd round of running 5 minutes i stopped for around 20secs to catch my breath.. should i repeat it or go ahead to w4d2 :sad:

Perhaps you could continue with D2 followed by D3, and repeat the whole week again if you're still struggling thru. I'm on my repeat week this week, and I'm still shuffling along. The 5min stretch is hard!
  • ydeemar
    ydeemar Posts: 44
    Options

Perhaps you could continue with D2 followed by D3, and repeat the whole week again if you're still struggling thru. I'm on my repeat week this week, and I'm still shuffling along. The 5min stretch is hard!

done with W4D2, i finished without stopping/cheating.. though i jogged slow, i didn't want to tire myself and not finish the lap. thank you guys for pushing me W4D3 here i come...:smile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 completed earlier...it was definitely a challenge :smile:
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    I just finished week 2 day 2 today.. So good luck ;)
  • MereMe
    Options
    W3D2 - Kicked it! I am impressed that I can do this!