What’s the worse thing you’ve come home to?

Options
1235»

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    My cat lapping up a pool of my blood on the hallway carpet when I returned from having stitches at the ER after cutting my hand in the kitchen. Also I left bloody handprints everywhere trying to find something to stop the bleeding. You know that moment when you're so tired and you realize no one is going to clean this mess but you? Also, some people wonder if their animals would eat them if they died, I guess I don't have to wonder anymore!
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This is more psychological. I alighted from a plane to a barrage of messages attacking the way I look, based on my age. When you receive such hurtful messages from someone you love, it definitely has a detrimental effect on your esteem and confidence.

the way you look?!?! good grief. i'm sorry you had to go through that BS Surf... esp from someone who you love <3 i love your style and luminous beauty.
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    my girl was four years old and it was winter and some piece of *kitten* bought her a pack of 20 vials of extrafine glitter as a birthday present (probably the equivalent of like two sandwich baggies full of glitter)

i walked to mail box, ran into neighbor, got to chatting

came back inside where she was tossing the glitter behind her while skipping thru the house wearing fairy wings, she’d emptied all the vials. it was on tables and sofa and carpet and computers and pantry and counters and cats and lil brother and pillows and beds and shoes and bookshelf and in the cracks of the hardwood floors and in her hair and on her skin and i think i breathed some so i prolly have glitter induced mesothelioma and she’s 9 now but there’s still glitter in cracks of hardwood floors

As someone who has helped my daughter make a bday “glitter bomb” card for her mother, my ex wife, I found this very entertaining 🤣
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I came home at 3 in the morning to a light emanating from the living room. I rounded the corner cautiously to find the TV on Home Shopping Network. I did not recall leaving the TV on when I left, and I sure as *kitten* don't watch the Home Shopping Network. I decided to sit down on the couch and take a load off and what happened next would turn out to be the greatest epiphany I've ever had in my life.

For heaven's sake will you tell us what happened next? Was Marie Osmond hosting that particular segment of the Home Shopping Channel and did you have a girlfriend at the time?
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Too much for this thread. More me-and-you Snap talk appropriate, I guess. <3

What's snap talk?

Snapchat convo!!
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Too much for this thread. More me-and-you Snap talk appropriate, I guess. <3

Looks like we need to become friends :P

I’m an open book, but in the right “forum.” For more personal things, I prefer one on one.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    DH and I came home to discover our nextdoor neighbor's house had blown up and one of them was severely burned. A car in the garage was leaking gasoline. Neighbor went down to the garage to check it out, causing the furnace to kick on when he opened the door, thus igniting the fumes and him with them. He survived, thank goodness, but it was a long road of recovery. Coming home to half of their house literally gone was surreal and scary.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My cat making out with a Santa hat 😦
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Some snow

torl425o47yc.jpeg

Kids being kids

5xdvrckbbcbn.jpeg
    d5va169c97xm.jpeg
    y2nufdkwgrqe.jpeg

This Christmas gift 😅

pt8rpb247clz.jpeg

An eight legged intruder

dxb35dob86bb.jpeg

I want a bubble bath like that!!!
    And a Christmas gift like that.

Barring the spider, this doesn't look the worst to me, it looks like you're showing off! :lol:
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Cat bodily fluids in the bed and basically everywhere.

Also arriving back home after a project delivery in Uni for which I hadn't slept in 3 days to find my ex's mother going through my things, in the apartment we were renting (me and him, not me and him and her).

Also this, more recent. Old brick wall gave in, no idea how yet. Hob, sink, hood, all totalled beyond fixing. Had a good time with half of a bottle of Jack right there on the kitchen floor before becoming totalled too.

gtqoj33ybhm3.jpg
  • epr31295
    epr31295 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    My mother in law had moved in!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    When i was real young we got two small dog's. We took them home left them with the cat's while we went out. Came home to body parts all over the house.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    That time my 3 yo twins drew a room sized dinosaur on the white carpet in multicolored permanent marker is right up there.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    A house destroyed by a fire. 10 out of 10 would not recommend.