What fun active activities do you take part in?

Options
dhart05
dhart05 Posts: 19 Member
I play roller derby recreationally and it’s a ton of fun! A bit rough on my back but it’s a great way to stay in shape especially because I’m so motivated to get better!

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I’ve been erroneously calling my passivities activities
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I cycle...it's as much recreation as it is a workout...though it can become far less recreation when I'm actually training for something and it becomes more work. I also do some hiking and rock climbing here and there. We might be getting a pool installed at home, so if that happens I'll be swimming a lot more.

ETA: I forgot about skiing in the winter...the slopes are shaping up nicely this year.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Relive the glory days playing in an over 18 wooden bat baseball league. Freaking whipper snappers.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ride bicycles and hike.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Lift
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Snowboarding during winter and golfing during spring, summer and fall.
  • dhart05
    Options

cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I cycle...it's as much recreation as it is a workout...though it can become far less recreation when I'm actually training for something and it becomes more work. I also do some hiking and rock climbing here and there. We might be getting a pool installed at home, so if that happens I'll be swimming a lot more.

ETA: I forgot about skiing in the winter...the slopes are shaping up nicely this year.

Ive always thought cycling would be fun but I don’t then no I’d like to do it as competition and I’m just not one for heights so skiing and rock climbing are both out for me haha. Although I do think skiing would be fun. I think walking in the snow at all would be enough workout for me as of now 😂

• dhart05
    Options
    Relive the glory days playing in an over 18 wooden bat baseball league. Freaking whipper snappers.

Hahaha! I’ve never been one for baseball or softball. I tried playing as a kid but ended up picking daisies in the outfield. I think it would be fun as an adult now though.
  • dhart05
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Ride bicycles and hike.
    I thought when I moved to Oregon that I would be hiking a ton but I just don’t feel safe going out alone and my dog was ancient before she just passed this year so she wouldn’t have been much help if something happened to me out there.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Gaelic hurling.
  • dhart05
    Options
    Snowboarding during winter and golfing during spring, summer and fall.

Snowboarding sounds like a ton of fun, I actually live pretty close to the Bandon Dunes golf resort but I’ve not thought about trying. Might have to see if the wife would wanna do that one weekend.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    well.....
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    What is this.........................fun....................of which you speak?

I read, I play video games, I work on cars, I am planning on traveling some.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options

wood bat is awesome! not that i play, but my son occasionally plays in wood bat tournaments. so fun! position?
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning and pretend the ever fluctuating numbers are a roller coaster ride.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    Gaelic hurling.

U.S. lads playing Irish sports, love it! (my profile pic has me in a local hurling jersey)

EDIT: Come to think of it, did we cross paths a couple of years ago? I think we did. (I mean on this forum)