My e-mail to shirtwoot....

Options
I have now lost 27 lbs and am quite excited that I can now wear form fitting shirts. I was extremely excited to find a shirt I loved on shirtwoot, then I got the shirt. Here is my e-mail.

Dear shirtwoot,  

I just received my first woot shirt yesterday and disappointed doesn't come close to how I feel about the shirt.  I seriously thought you guys had sent me a kids shirt instead and went to check my order to see if I ordered wrong. 

Yes, you site does say they run small but I didn't think it would be that small.
I then checked the forum only to find TONS of other women complaining about how small the shirts are and the lack of WXXL.  
The response 3 years ago was you were "considering it," it is time for you to stop considering it and do it.

Women posted who are size M have  to order XL it isn't at all fair to not have a women's option for those  who are larger than a size Med.  I really wanted a "fitted" women shirt to wear with skirts, a men's cut simply does not fit right to wear with a skirt. 

I'm 5' 10" and the only way that shirt would fit me is if I were underweight.  

Please, please, please, offer a women's shirts in larger sizes!  

Thank you, 
Emily

Replies

• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes. Shirtwoot.com... Always, order one size bigger for everything. Women sizes run even smaller then men's sizes. You might be able to exchange it. I was able to once.
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I only ever ordered the men's sizes honestly. The "women's cut" wasn't big enough of a deal to risk having a shirt that didn't fit. Learned that lesson the hard way with Ript Apparel (same idea as woot). In their defense, I'm not sure their supplier even carries that size, or that it's economically feasible for them to offer a size that will often not sell out the same as others. It's probably more of a saving money measure than means of offense. But yea...size up. Definitely.

Don't knock the men's shirts until you've tried with a skirt. They have a lot of slink to them, and end up fitting much like a women's in the end. At least that's been my experience.

Which one did you get out of curiosity?
  • emandbri
    emandbri Posts: 45
    Options
    They get the shirts from American Apparel which does have a W XXL, woot just chooses not to offer them.

I got the Dr. Adorable shirt, also got one for my daughter and son.

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=20697

I'm going to order a men's shirt and just keep this one and have it be my goal to try to lose until it fits but like I said it might not ever fit. I'm waiting for my son to get home because he wanted to see what they had in case he wanted to order one too.
  • emandbri
    emandbri Posts: 45
    Options
    I had a friend of mine try the shirt on and she said she normally wears a size large and it was tight on her, so it really and truly does fit like a medium!  CRAZY! 
  • emandbri
    Options
    I wanted to update that I got the men's L and hate it. It just doesn't fit right at all, is too long, and feels like it is choking me. At least my son will be able to wear it since the mens med I bought him won't fit him for very long.

Someone on another board said she had a shirt that was too tight after she had a baby and it stretched out as she wore it. I keep wearing mine when I'm home alone, the plus side it is so tight I can do yoga without a bra! ;)

I also took pictures of my kids in their shirts.

Elizabeth just turned 5 is 44 inches tall and 49 lbs. She normally wears a 6 and I ordered her an 8. Benjamin just turned 8 is 51 inches and 64 lbs. He normally wears an 8 I ordered him a 10.

please, excuse the messy kitchen! If I hadn't had foot surgery it would be clean. ;)

IMG_1685.JPG