Big lad big motivation needed!

Options
Hey guys! As it says i am a big lad and need some big motivation to get me going. Already started to eat right and work out but i find it hard so any support is always welcome ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hi, there are a lot of people on here with great success stories - if they can do it, you can too! Choose an achievable short-term goal and work towards that, so you get the satisfaction of achieving it soon, and that will motivate you to get going to the next goal.
  • MrWeather_81
    MrWeather_81 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! As it says i am a big lad and need some big motivation to get me going. Already started to eat right and work out but i find it hard so any support is always welcome ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Good luck dude. Wish you well in your fitness journey!!
  • derbygraham
    derbygraham Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Happy to connect with you for motivation support.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    It's not a sprint it's a marathon.

When I get up each day I say to myself, "It's a new day and I will do my best today to take care of me!"

I have found it helpful to forgive myself if I eat things outside of my "allowed" list (like a piece of pie) and I just try to do better the next day.

I don't weigh myself, but, I do weigh my food and log faithfully.

I also eat for my maintenance calories for my desired weight. That, overall, has trained me as to what I will be eating for the rest of my life.

Finally, I have found that eating healthy fats and lowering my carbs to around 100 g and my sugar to 50 g has helped me to focus on whole foods, which are overall healthier, and I eat a lot more vegetables to keep me feeling fuller.

Here are some examples of what I eat in a typical day:

Breakfast: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and 100 g cold boiled potatoes with skin (236 calories)
    Lunch: 8 oz chopped mixed vegetables (Broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, green bell pepper, radish, celery) and 3 oz turkey breast (170 calories)
    Dinner: 8 oz sauteed green beans in butter, 2 baked chicken thighs with bone and skin, and 8 oz yellow squash in butter (657 calories)
    Snack: All meat protein bar (130 calories)
    Beverages: 32 oz coffee with half and half (87 calories); real fruit seltzer water (7 calories); and / or Dandy Blend (a beverage similar to instant coffee made from dandelion root, chicory, beet root, barley, rye (calories vary on amount); or hot tea.

I do go out to dinner once a month and have beer; I drink a glass of wine sometimes; I don't count calories on weekends -- but I try to eat reasonably well - choose vegetables and meat over carbs. If I am craving french fries I have them (maybe once a month); Also, I have changed the way I incorporate carbs into some of my favorite foods. Rather than put sauce on top of a mound of noodles. I cook half the usual amount and put them into the sauce and let it sit for about 30 minutes. It's more sauce than spaghetti and about half the carbs!

Also, I recommend this website for some thoughts on how to eat healthier and why it's important to eat healthy fats: https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/yes-you-can/

Just remember it's calories in and calories out - so calories count! <3

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Be consistent, it will pay off!