Silly reality weight loss shows

Options
Ok I just have to vent. I'm watching revenge body with khloe Kardashian where she pairs overweight people up with trainers and nutritionists to lose weight. One contestant is being tortured with exercise as if that's all that is required to lose weight (when it's actually not required at all) AND the nutritionist is recommending butter in coffee!!! I'm about to freak out. Why is there so much misinformation out there?

Replies

• BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    People still watch regular tv?
    Seriously though... butter in coffee is gross to me, but I'm keto so I know a lot of folks do it on that diet. I just hope behind the scenes, they're explaining WHY eating such and such is ok. Doubt it though.
    I hate reality weight loss shows. Most of those people are just going to gain it all back when they're back in their normal life b/c they're not being taught how to do things properly.

I hear you. Our house cut cable earlier this year, and we don't miss it. I miss out on a few sporting events, but I've found more fulfilling things to fill that time.

Though not on keto, I've also been tempted to add some butter (I've also heard I should try coconut oil) to my coffee, just to see how it tastes.

Also, reality shows. Ugh.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Follow the 💰
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Caralarma wrote: »
    Butter in coffee is a very keto thing...personally gag

I know but why make an overweight person think that that's the best way to lose? It's not. And yes its gross

What makes you think that this isn't a good way for that person to lose weight? Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit not demonising foods.

Bulletproof Coffee, as it's called, may be an excellent choice for someone who finds fats filling and satisfying.