New vegan looking for some friends

Options
Hey all!

I've been a vegan for about 6 months.

I'm still going strong - sort of...

My lovely girlfriend stopped being a vegan a couple days ago, which has left me without much support. It's been pretty difficult because we used to keep each other accountable.

If you were wondering, yes, it was Thanksgiving where she caved. Apparently, momma's turkey game is too strong...

So now, I'm reaching out to the MFP community to supplement the support I once I had.

Friend invites would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• Daiseyjoy
    Daiseyjoy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been vegan for 5 years, I can help :D
  • JohnBuddyPal
    JohnBuddyPal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I just added you :)
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I eat whole food plant-based add me if you like
  • Zizatremor
    Zizatremor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been Vegan for around 3 years now! I got your back! Anyone feel free to add.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I also eat a whole food plant-based diet. Add me if you like!
  • BettyFuLLy
    BettyFuLLy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been vegan for 3.5 years (1 year vegetarian before that). I added all of you! 😀
  • AmyHammons1
    AmyHammons1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 10 yrs, Vegan (plant based whole foods) since June. I'm happy to be among other veg heads here.
    @JohnBuddyPal fuel your motivation with information. Have a really strong WHY and no food will derail you. I love my "how not to die" cookbook. Dr. M. Greger is a great resource. He has loads of videos. Non of it's for profit and all is well research.
  • BaVIP073
    BaVIP073 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am a whole foods plant based vegan. Feel free to add me!
  • veryberry2018
    veryberry2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Lisa. I’ve been vegan for five years but whole foods plant-based for one year. Are used to eat more processed foods. But now I’m doing a lot more cooking :-)
  • codenamevoodoo
    codenamevoodoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am back to being whole foods plant-based. It feels good. I am also back on my fitness pal.
  • nutterbuttsquash
    Options
    Hey I have been vegan for 9 years so I can definitely help along the way! :)
  • _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    just out of curiosity, what are you reasons for going vegan?
  • BettyFuLLy
    BettyFuLLy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    just out of curiosity, what are you reasons for going vegan?

Hi. I originally went vegan due to health reasons. I had digestions issues such as constipation and intolerance towards dairy. As I learned more about veganism, I became more aware about its aspects related to animal rights & compassion and environmental impact.

If you want to learn more about the health aspect, watch What The Health and Forks Over Knives.

For the animal rights and compassion, watch Earthlings (www.nationearth.com) and Dominion.

For the environmental aspect, watch Cowspiracy.
  • michellel96003
    michellel96003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started this week. I am a vegetarian.
  • chrisharrington1969
    Options
    Vegan almost 3 years. I'm curious to hear why others started and if they have any issues with it. add me if you like. thanks!