Any 30lb loss success teenagers? and advice

Options
oliviaaa_x
oliviaaa_x Posts: 10 Member
Need any encouragement and motivation at the moment and teenagers/young adults that have lost 30lb+ and have photos it would be unbelievably appreciated.
Also does anyone have any advice about motivation and patience?
:)
Muchlove<3

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    well, im not a teenager or young adult, but all i can tell you is remember why you are here..it's frustrating at times, but you signed up for a reason, and you need to keep it in mind..best of luck
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm not a teenager anymore hehe. XD But I'm 20, does that count? My highest weight was 225 and that was when I was 18, from 17 and 18 my weight went up and down from 200-220 and by 19 I finally got down to 190 but plateaued for a year due to lack of motivation. I just turned 20 and I'm finally down to 179 and the only advice I can give you is to stay strong and stick with it. It's so hard and depressing sometimes, especially when the scale doesn't budge for weeks. But as long as you eat healthy and portion sized meals, treat yourself once in a while so you don't feel deprived,(I usually let myself have one day each week of relaxing and not counting the calories) and push yourself during exercise you'll get there. (Dancing and Zumba is fun, doesn't even feel like exercise!) Huge thing also, the scale lies, a lot. It's a cruel, cold and evil little device lol. xD Even though it's really tempting to check it, measurements and clothes tell the truth of your progress. ;D Good luck!
  • animix116
    animix116 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! great to know that your taking steaps towards a healthy lifestyle. I had sturggled with my weight all my life and had tried everything from no carb diets to diet pills without any succes. The highest i ever weighed in at was 156lbs ( about 6 months ago), thats when i decided that i need to make a major change if i wanted to live a lifestyle reduced in health problems. I started by cutting food from my life which was as much as a difficulty as you can imagine (I LOVE CHIPS XD), i also started going to the gym for at least 30 mins whenever i get the chance and sure slowly but surley the weight begun to come off. I did platueau for about 2 weeks at 135lbs, but i managed to push through it but adding some weight training to my routine. I know i may sound like an infomercial but some of the best advice i can give you is to make sure your family is supporting you throughout your journey. There are so many times were i wouldn't have gone to the gym if my sister hadn't dragged me, or that i would've binge eaten if smaller portions weren't made.Misery love company...so if you can get a friend to accompany you i say go for it because wheni tired so many times to do it myself i'd fail time and time agan which just drove me to depressive and emotional eating. Also DON'T weigh yourself everyday, it can actually discourage you from makng further process, remeber it took years to put on the weight so its not going to come off over night. As for excersise, make sure you do something you love, personally i find that Zumba classes are a lot of fun and are a great source of cardio, and if your a little self concious than you can always excersise on your own because trust me nobody is paying attention to the other pepole who are working out XD. WOW that was a lot of writting but i hope it helped, and remeber presue weight loss as a change towards a healthy lifestyle, because trust me if its for any other reason its likely that your not going to be succesful.
    HOPE THAT HELPS XD
  • plutoniansmash
    Options
    Well I'm 20 and I've only lost 30lbs, but feel free to hit me up if you want some continual support! :) My overall goal is 40lbs lost (20 to go) so we're on a similar track!
  • tramained
    tramained Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a 19 year old male I was 315 pounds when I was 16 years old, today I am 193 pounds. It's a little more than 30 pounds loss but if you pics, I'll try to share, thought I think I only have pics at 300 pounds. In all so far I lost 122 pounds. Went from a size 50 pants to now a 34. I was trying to be contented at 210 pounds but decided I wanted to be completely fit, hence I joined this website to be accurate as I tried to slim down to 170-175 pounds. I
  • Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    well, im not a teenager anymore either, im 20, but when i was 13 I hit my highest weight at 180. And we all know how difficult is to be 13 already so just imagine being overweight. Anyway, I got sick of it and starting drinking water, cutting out sodas, exercising (which im addicted to know!) and in about 3 years I went from a size 18 to 6 and lost around 30 pounds. Somewhere over the last few years though, i've gained a little back so im up to a size 10/12. My advice is cut out sodas, workout hard, watch your portions, and never let anyone tell you that you can't do it. However, you have to tell yourself that this is something that you really want, and work super hard for it!! Last piece of advice: GO FOR IT!!

You can see from my profile pic how far i've come!!
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 18. I've lost 33 pounds! I don't have any before & after pics yet. But I will be posting some soon. You're welcome to add me if you wish. :)
  • sweetiebrittie
    sweetiebrittie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hey,
    I just turned 21 on August 10th.
    I have lost 38 pounds to date. I don't have any recent progress pics but here is one from July.

EDIT: I don't know how to post pics but it is my profile pic.

~Brittany
  • tramained
    tramained Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm now 177.8 pounds today. From my high of 315 pounds. I lost 137.2 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!