Open Keto Diary

Options
Hello everyone! I am looking for people on a keto diet with ope diary. I follow more of a LCHF, as I am having trouble with the self control, and I think seeing others tasty keto meals on a daily basis will be a huge help! Thank you everyone.

Replies

• BestHolly3
    BestHolly3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • polysux
    polysux Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too am on a keto diet. But I'm having trouble figuring out what my calories should be each day. It's set at 1350 but with the fat I should consume I dont have many calories left for everything else I should consume. So should I up my calories? I'm so confused. And I looked into macro calculators and the numbers for calories are so off the wall for each one I dont know what I should do.
  • SaturnsbestMoon
    SaturnsbestMoon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    polysux wrote: »
    I too am on a keto diet. But I'm having trouble figuring out what my calories should be each day. It's set at 1350 but with the fat I should consume I dont have many calories left for everything else I should consume. So should I up my calories? I'm so confused. And I looked into macro calculators and the numbers for calories are so off the wall for each one I dont know what I should do.

In MFP under your calorie goals, change the settings (Percentages) of each group. My fat is at 70%, Carbs at 5% and Protein at 25%. Then it adjusts each macro's to the correct gram amount within my set calories. Keto for 2 months, My sister has been keto for 6-7 Months, I'm down almost 30# and she's down about 45. PM me if you need any more help!
  • polysux
    Options
    Yes I do have mine set. But should I bump my calories up? One site said it should be 1250 meanwhile another site suggested 2300 as calories. The numbers are so out there that I dont know if I'm consuming too much or not enough ya know.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yes I do have mine set. But should I bump my calories up? One site said it should be 1250 meanwhile another site suggested 2300 as calories. The numbers are so out there that I dont know if I'm consuming too much or not enough ya know.

I'd suggest using what MFP says calorie wise for losing 1# a week.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

The MFP calorie goals are good for most people, so stick with that and set your macro percentages according to what helps you stick to your calorie goals.
  • SaturnsbestMoon
    SaturnsbestMoon Posts: 25 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I agree with Concordancia. I just use the MFP allowance which increases with exercise. I eat when I'm hungry, I also have BED and am a compulsive grazer so I may not be the best with advice because I'm trying to overcome those, but Keto has helped tremendously with everything. If you're still hungry after 1,500 calories then eat more, If you're not hungry eat less.

I keep hearing this and didn't understand it until I had been Keto for a few weeks (Like 3-4) but Listen to your body. At first mine was always Screaming "Hungry! Hungry!" But I wasn't hungry and I knew I wasn't but I felt hungry. I never felt full before Keto either. Now I get full, stop eating. If I get hungry later I finish whatever I didn't eat or grab a snack. I NEED a sweet thing to end the day, and now for me that's some Almond butter.

Weather to up your calories or not, Wait a week with the MFP suggestion and adjust as needed. If you keep going over then up your calories. That's honestly what I do. Mine are set at 1580, I'm currently in the 220's and 5'9 and trying to aim for 2# a week.
  • polysux
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I will do my best :)
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Typically on LCHF, you want to limit your carbs to the grams you set, eat your protein calories, and then use the fat calories as a lever to feel full. (Remember the percentages specify calories, not grams of each.) If you are very low carb, you will have very few carb calories. Protein at 20-30% typically gives you plenty of calories for protein. I have an open LCHF diary. Feel free to friend me if you are interested in mutual support and encouragement.
  • Xanifur
    Xanifur Posts: 44 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm having trouble figuring out what my calories should be each day.

Cutting Diet:
    Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
    Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

I don't hit the 1.5g/lb protein but it's fine, I eat as much as I can and lift.

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Xanifur wrote: »
    I'm having trouble figuring out what my calories should be each day.

Cutting Diet:
    Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
    Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

I don't hit the 1.5g/lb protein but it's fine, I eat as much as I can and lift.

How did we get from 1g/kg of lean mass to 1.5g/lb of total weight?? For me, that would be a 70% protein diet at a healthy weight!

• wendysaloser
    wendysaloser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m doing keto too. 4 weeks in and I’ve lost 11 pounds, and 7 inches so far. I’d love keto buddies if you want to add me
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I don't have a diary but I write on my blog pretty often. I'm not a good writer though and I tend to ramble a bit, but I've been on keto for 5.5m.
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You can see mine, but I tend to use the recipe feature. I find it easier and less time consuming. If I want to re-add a meal it's all set up.
    Some recipes are online, but I may have altered a bit. If you want to see all the ingredients you can just pm and I'll link to a screenshot.
  • mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Are you on this forum. Low Carb daily fourm. Plenty on there that can help you