Back at it again

Options
gatherum89
gatherum89 Posts: 28 Member
edited December 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I’m a 29 year old father, never even knew this app had a forum community before, thought I’d give a little background on my experience with the app. Before my son was born 2 years ago. I wanted to lose weight for him and myself before he was born.

I started at 250 pounds and lost 90 pounds bringing me down to 160 pounds in a year before he was born. I used this app religiously everyday even if I was eating the same food, I put myself at 1500 calories a day and ran for 3 days a week.

This app changes lives, and I need it again it looks like because 30 pounds of weight has crept back in. I love this app it’s like a cold slap back to reality about how much food you’re actually consuming, denial and food amnesia are real dangerous things to those of us who love food haha. About my diet it’s been vegan for 2 years now and it’s time to clean up the diet a bit more. Anyway that’s really it hoping to get to know some of you going forward, and wish me luck.

Replies

• snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fantastic weight loss the first time round...and you have proof that you can achieve that goal!

Perhaps we can support each other as I'm aiming for 160 pounds as well...started at 184 and now 182 after the first week. I'm also on about 1500 calories a day, but not doing any exercise other than a brisk 20 minute walk to and from work. I've been vegetarian almost my whole life, but notice from mfp that my protein and iron intake is ridiculously low so I'm going to try to tweak that over the next few months.

Aiming for a slow but steady weight loss so that I can stick to a healthier overall lifestyle. Have cut out mindless snacking but not actually banning any foods either...a small bowl of crisps this evening felt great! Weird, because I don't usually eat crisps at all.
  • gatherum89
    gatherum89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    snooky211 wrote: »
    Fantastic weight loss the first time round...and you have proof that you can achieve that goal!

Perhaps we can support each other as I'm aiming for 160 pounds as well...started at 184 and now 182 after the first week. I'm also on about 1500 calories a day, but not doing any exercise other than a brisk 20 minute walk to and from work. I've been vegetarian almost my whole life, but notice from mfp that my protein and iron intake is ridiculously low so I'm going to try to tweak that over the next few months.

Aiming for a slow but steady weight loss so that I can stick to a healthier overall lifestyle. Have cut out mindless snacking but not actually banning any foods either...a small bowl of crisps this evening felt great! Weird, because I don't usually eat crisps at all.

Thank you and awesome job as well with the weight loss that goal should be np for you. And yeah if you have any questions or need support I’m here for you.

As far as your protein you probably don’t need as much as a lot of people will have you believe, how much are you getting on average in a day? Lentils and beans are a good source of protein and iron along with dark greens and some nuts. Idk if you like tofu but it’s a very versatile food and is a good source for that as well.

What helps me a lot in sticking with a calorie deficit long term is eating meals consisting of whole Foods, they’re very satiating and help the craving. But yeah at the end of the day some crisps or pretzels with hummus is a nice healthy satisfying snack.