How to stop losing weight fast

Options
I have a thyroid disease but the doctors cannot tell whether it is over or underactive so I am not able to start medication yet. However, because of this, I am losing about 5 pounds a week but the doctor says it is to be expected.

I don't want to keep losing weight so quickly, so could anyone give me some tips how to keep my weight healthy, please?

TIA

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Obviously you know the answer is to get your thyroid issue diagnosed and properly treated. Until then, the advice above is correct. Check out this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1 And if you are burning a lot of calories through intentional activity (hard cardio sessions, for example) dial it back for the time being.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    If you’re losing weight it’s most likely hyper....
    I love how they say “they don’t know yet”.....umm blood test....??
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    If you’re losing weight it’s most likely hyper....
    I love how they say “they don’t know yet”.....umm blood test....??

Some thyroid disorders are cycling, high/low - especially at the start, I think. Close friend was going crazy for a while, cycling back and forth from abject lethargy to speediness and heart palpitations. Blood tests not helpful for normal sorts of medication interventions in that scenario, as the hormone levels from normal meds are a slow-build kind of effect.