Looking for a sweet, zero carb, zero calorie snack?

Options
This is NOT it! ;) If anyone has tried this and has a suggestion for making it taste better. I would appreciate it!8cbtnhl8r39m.jpg

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Air, water, ice, salt...
    Walden Farms products =/= real food...like 4-5$ for zero nourishment/zero macros just sounds like a bad deal to me too (mostly just thickeners, water, & salt)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I don't like anything I've tried from Walden Farms, and I'm not willing to spend money on trying any more of their products, but some people here love a few of their things.

The only sweet things I can think of that almost fit the description in your title are tea, coffee, and other drinks with nothing except low calorie sweeteners added.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello is only 10 calories per serving. It’s not the most delicious thing I’ve eaten, but it will do in a pinch.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    A celery stick dipped in Stevia. Oh wait that might be 1 calorie. Let me think on this a bit more.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    ic8vf52hj2g8.gif

:confounded: I'm amazed people will go to such lengths to avoid a few calories from something that actually has decent nutritional value in its natural form.

Those nutrition facts look more like salt paste.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    omg I got all excited seeing chocolate and salted caramel dipping sauce from this brand, I hear about this magical zero calorie deliciousness. The caramel tastes like straight up lighter fluid mixed with mid-80s grade nutrasweet. I threw it out. The chocolate is sitting in my pantry.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Only water has zero calories.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Low calorie/low carb snacks I can suggest - zero calorie snacks just take like garbage most of the time:

Strawberries with Black Pepper around 30 calories/6g Carbs for 100g
    Wafer thin deli meat around 10 calories/0.2g carbs per slice

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My vote is to allow yourself moderate portions of the sweet things you like.

Fake food is not providing any nutrition at all; why waste the time eating it and stewing over the lack of satisfaction it provides?

Allow yourself space to enjoy the sweet things in life, and focus on the behavior changes needed to include them with the other foods in your eating plan.

I eat my sweet treats veeeeeeeerrrrry slowly to make them last as long as possible.

Good luck
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    ic8vf52hj2g8.gif

:confounded: I'm amazed people will go to such lengths to avoid a few calories from something that actually has decent nutritional value in its natural form.

We don't have Walden Farms in the UK and now I am so interested to see what this tastes like.

I'm not usually one to be all "FRANKEN-FOOD" but the way they shove NATURAL in there twice is very funny considering nothing about this product is a natural thing to do to a peanut.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    ic8vf52hj2g8.gif

Those nutrition facts look more like salt paste.

I think that's basically what it is!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Air, water, ice, salt...
    Walden Farms products =/= real food...like 4-5$ for zero nourishment/zero macros just sounds like a bad deal to me too (mostly just thickeners, water, & salt)

Ya, I have no interest in trying Walden Farms products. If Stop & Shop gave me a coupon for a free product, maybe I would consider it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I only like the pancake syrup to put into fluff/protein ice cream when I feel like eating a massive bowl of the stuff.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    When I want something sweet that's no calories, I make herbal tea (I really like the "zingers" line from Celestial Seasonings) and add a few drops of liquid sucralose.

Walden's Farm stuff is all gross.

The "tension tamer" flavor from Celestial Seasonings (similar to the original Good Earth flavor, but I can't seem to find that in grocery stores anymore) has naturally sweet flavors like mint, cinnamon, ginger, and licorice that I find tastes good without any added sweetener. (YMMV, of course.)
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have used the pancake syrup because it was available to me and thought nothing ill of it. And I am typically a “no fake food” type of person. But if I can’t buy it fairly locally to me I probably will never have it in my pantry. The above all looks and sounds horrendous!