My December 2018 IF feeding window

Options
IF questions are posted here from some who want to know more, particularly about feeding windows. I’m currently practicing IF and thought I’d start a discussion topic sharing my feeding windows for December 2018. I’ll not post other details but will do my best to answer any IF questions about my experiences.

Background: 63 year young male, 190.6 lbs. this morning “training” for a birthday 64 weight of 177.0 lbs. mid-February 2019. Started “training” on 8/31/2018 at 210.8 lbs. I train doing kettlebell workouts, burpees, pull-ups, walking and a little running.

Yesterday 11/30/2018 (not December) but my feeding doesn’t start until afternoon:

Start: 3:00 pm
Finish: 5:15 pm
Feeding window: 2 hours 15 minutes

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am interested in IF and plan on following your progress
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Lol love how my comment was deleted....

Why are you doing if...?
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Lol love how my comment was deleted....

Why are you doing if...?

Noticed it gone too; didn’t do it, wouldn’t know how to.

• pinggolfer96
    Options
    Yeah but why are you doing if?
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    Yeah but why are you doing if?

I’m sorry but I’m not sure I understand your question. If the “why are you doing it?” Is about me doing IF, it’s because I find it effective and efficient in helping me get to where I’m going.

• pierinifitness
    Options
    12/2/2018

Start: 12:00 noon
    Finish: 4:50 pm
    Elapsed time: 4 hours 50 minutes

Estimated chowing time: about 70 minutes.

2 meals no snacks.

Note: I plan to be done eating by 5:00 pm and no snacks.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    12/3/2018

Start: 2:40 pm
    Finish: 5:00 pm
    Elapsed time: 2 hours 20 minutes.

Estimated chowing time: probably 50 percent of window because I prepared and ate, then rinse, wash and repeated, basically a grazing snd extended late lunch.

So, one meal and no snacks.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Are you having any issues with hunger outside your feeding window? Are you eating in any particular way like keto or LCHF?
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Are you having any issues with hunger outside your feeding window? Are you eating in any particular way like keto or LCHF?

Sometimes I do but honestly not often. It’s more likely for a beginner. Fat is my friend.

I’m not eating keto, actually, my macros are all over the place varying from day to day.

I try to keep sugar and cholesterol lower and protein seems to be lower. I also eat a lot of potatoes that after cooked I refrigerate so they become resistant starch. I’m eating lots of avocados. No snacks or liquid beverages although someone corrected me that my strong morning cup of black coffee does have a few calories.

Hope this answers your questions, thanks for asking.

• pinggolfer96
    Options
    I wish there was a way to hide entire threads.

Lol trueeeee
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to hide entire threads.

I don't have a problem just not opening a thread that doesn't appeal to me.

Congrats.

I like to think interacting online bears a passing resemblance to Real Life in which people receive normal social cues that guide their understanding about what others do and do not want to hear them waffle on about.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    It’s obvious some here have no interest about one person’s IF feeding window but there are others here curious. Tis the nature of discussion forums. Snide posts noted and ignored.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    It’s obvious some here have no interest about one person’s IF feeding window but there are others here curious. Tis the nature of discussion forums. Snide posts noted and ignored.

ESP considering there is nothing directly special or advantageous with IF...