"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,685 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 4 this evening. Rain today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! Today is my 20th wedding anniversary!

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Still raining!

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Homemade hamburger last night.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then I'm off! Boxing tonight for me.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Taco Bell last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! 2 clients this morning. Not much to do today, with the exception of Christmas Parade tonight.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey Chief,

Over the last 3- 4 weeks I've been in a rut. Unmotivated to workout. Lost focus, Need to get myself out of it and found this thread really helped the last time. So here we go.

cardio 16,180 steps

strength trained legs: deadlifts, squats, leg curls, raised calves, abs

assessment Def noticed a loss of strength today as expected. Eggs and salad for dinner
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Good to see you back Skee!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 tonight! Made the FFL playoffs and hopefully have a first round bye if Josh Reed sucks tonight!

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza last night!

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Wanting to get back to posting on this thread after I got out of the habit.

Have continued consistently lifting on a modified PHUL program (Deadlift PR @ 395lbs Saturday). Based on equipment limitations, injury history, and a general preference to not do a lot of hypertrophy for my legs I lift heavy and low reps on both leg days. I'd like to be better about actually doing some cardio and maybe start doing yoga 1-2 times/week to improve flexibility and hopefully prevent injuries. My wife and I are also expecting, with her to be induced this coming Saturday so I'm preparing/bracing for that paradigm shift and know I will need to try harder to stay accountable.

Sunday is almost always a total rest day from intentional exercise for me. Slept pretty well, put together some baby accessories and intended to rake leaves but ran out of daylight. My FFL team put up an OK showing, need the Eagles to really fall flat tonight as they guy I'm playing has Wentz and Ertz and I'm not up by all that much. One of the cats ended up at the ER vet Saturday night, had to transfer him to our regular vet before work this morning so I'll lift when I get home tonight.

Cardio: Rowing machine warm-up (had to replace the batteries on the display)

Strength: Upper Body Hypertrophy - Bench, Rows, OHP, Pull Ups

Assessment:
    Chicken & Veggies for dinner tonight. Bit of a calorie-tastic weekend to make up for; Thai Friday night with my parents, Breakfast-for-dinner Saturday, Spaghetti & Meatballs last night.

12/3 Moving average weight: 175.7 lbs
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Tuesday,

So 3-4 wks ago i transitioned from a full body split over 2 days twice a week (PUHL) to a upper / lower split 3 times a week rotating with lower volume. I'm trying to reduce BF and maintain but spent the year doing PUHL with progressive OL eating at calorie deficit. Well some lessons are learnt the hard way. Ugh!! Hence the change in programming.
    Definitely not a fan of this reduced frequency/ volume!

cardio 18,700 steps

strength rest day

assessment Eggs and salad for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 4 this evening. Boxing is getting costly for this time of year, so I've refrained from it for a couple of months. But I do have Beach Body on Demand and will do T25.

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho last night.

• steveko89
    Options
    Heavy leg day for Tuesday.

Cardio: n/a this morning for time. Need to rake up leaves if it's not snowing this evening after work.

Strength: Lower Body Power - Squats & Deadlifts superset w/ DB accessory work. Went for 400 on deadlift after 3 x 345 singles, got it off the floor but couldn't quite get to lock-out. Might try again on Thursday. Squats at 3 x 325 x 3. Need to keep working on getting good depth. Slept on my left shoulder oddly so a little tight holding the bar.

Assessment: Chicken & Veggies again for dinner tonight. The wife wanted to stop at Bruegger's after her/baby's doctor appointment this morning so I'll be a little high on carbs and cals for the day after an egg sandwich on an everything bagel.

175.2 this morning, moving average holding at 175.7
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Hump Day,

Cardio 22,144 steps

strength Upperbody
    Shoulder press, cable rows, DB Bench, DB flyes, BB curls, rope press down, pull ups.

assessment left forearm strain I thought had resolved came back and paid me a visit during pull ups. Eggs and black beans for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! DD gets band photos taken after school.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lamb, rice and vegetables.

• steveko89
    Options
    Upper Body Power Workout knocked out this morning. Had to keep it moving but I got all my sets in. Should be a quiet day at the office, get to pick up one of our cats from the vet this afternoon after he had a mini urinary episode over the weekend.

Cardio: n/a, maybe one of these days. I put some battle ropes on my Christmas list, maybe new toys will get me doing something

Strength: Upper Body Power - Flat Bench, Barbell Rows, OHP, pull ups, all superset for time.
    Bench - 4 sets 235 x 3
    Rows - 4 sets 190 x 5, might need to up my weight on this
    OHP - 4 sets 135 x 3
    Pull Ups - 4 sets BW x 8, skipped adding weight as programmed this morning as messing with my belt would've slowed me down. Kept form extra-strict to compensate.

Assessment: Tacos for dinner tonight, somewhat unreasonably excited for them.

174.8 this morning, moving average down to 175.5. Ultimately, I want to get lean enough to justify a lean bulk. The lowest I've been all year is 170.0 back in January, haven't seen the 160s since August of 2015 right after I started getting into lifting so that was probably ~15 lbs of lean mass ago if my body fat % numbers are to be believed. If I can get down to 168-170 that should be between 10-11% by my estimates and I could justify bulking for a bit.

• Skee_2802
    Options
    Hey Soldiers,

Thursday almost Friday done!

Feels like it's been weeks since last weekend with the amount of work were churning through and still to go before the year wraps up. I love my job, I love my job, I love my job. Haha

cardio 17,000 steps

strength rest day

assessment Tuna & rice for dinner.

• steveko89
    Options
    Last day in the office today before baby comes this weekend, though I still have to be on a conference call tomorrow.

Cardio: n/a

Strength: n/a, didn't get up as early as I like and had to mess with giving the cat meds. Will double up with a big workout tomorrow before we head to the hospital

Assessment: Fantasy Football get-together tonight. Will get some grilled chicken tenderloins with wing sauce during the waiver for dinner.

Up to 177.2 on the scale this morning, expected water weight gain with the amount of tacos consumed last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Gonna get in some boxing tonight if I can.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Burrito last night.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    T.G.I.F!!

cardio 18k steps over course of the day ( I train after work)

strength Leg Day
    BB squats, split squats, lying leg curls, BB calf raises and cores work.

assessment Focused on form rather than load today. Pasta and tuna for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then I'm off! Will spend some time with the DD tonight since DW is out of town.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Homemade hamburger last night.