"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Morning all. No gym today as I had to take my wife to the airport.

Assessment- Went out for burgers and a couple beers last night. Ended up about 500 over my daily target but nothing serious.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Rainy day again. Full gym yesterday and expect the same today.

Cardio: boxing- 45 min (400 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    HHD All!!!

Strength: Bulk Shoulders

Cardio: Chisel Agility

Nutrition: was low on protein, once again, have to work it.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Tues. and Wed.
    Strength- 2 sets of flies and 2 sets of squats in 30 day shred.

Cardio- 20 min (4 miles) stationary bike 10-14 mph. 110 calories

Assessment. Had a donut and cheese puffs last night. 1000 calories over. Otherwise, 2 pounds from goal weight.
  • ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Can anyone join this group?
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Welcome @ren3liz ! Yes it's an open group.

Led a group circuit class today. Going to Krav Maga tonight. No strength work.

Assessment: chicken drumsticks for dinner. Within target macros & calories.

• ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok, here goes:

Cardio- ran 2 miles. My first ever full two miles actually! At mostly 5mph with about 1/2 mile total of "sprints" (7mph, .10 at a time) and hill climbs. Feeling proud of that. Cals read at 320ish.

Strength- not a lot. Upper body, 2 sets 10 flys at 10lb. 2 sets 10 rows at 10lb. I was a little crunched for time.

Assessment- feeling great despite cutting my workout short, really proud of that run. 660 cals left for the day, meeting friends out for drinks. I'll keep it to 2 glasses of wine or vodka/soda with a light dinner and likely hit my cal goal close to the nose (with workout calories eaten).
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @ren3liz, welcome to the group!!!!

Struggled today after a virtually sleepless night............ugggghhhh. I hate it when I can't sleep. Couldn't summon the energy for the gym which means I'll have to go this weekend one day to make up for it but that's fine. Hopefully, I'll sleep tonight and feel great tomorrow!!! I'll either head out with the dog to the park or go to the gym. My shoulder is still really painful but I'm trying to just stay positive and keep moving.....some days are better than others.........LOL

Zero strength training today but I did climb 10 flights of stairs to my balcony to get a little cardio in.......LOL

Assessment: Homemade carnitas tacos so I might be a little over today.....LOL
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Well I've been slacking... on keeping up on the thread!

Monday - planned rest day but walked 3 and a half miles with the wife in some cold windy stuff

Tuesday - Killed it on shoulder and arm strength stuff. Then did the elliptical for 45 minutes doing some tough intervals. 4.71 miles and 655 calories by machine estimates.

Assessement - I've been doing well on food and weight. Have made the decision to stay fitness focused for now, and not worry about weight as much. As it warms up I might decide to cut a few more pounds, as I don't want any bulk slowing me down on the bike or doing body weight type stuff.

@ninerbuff Belated happy birthday. Now I know I have an "excuse" if I don't train as hard as you. That extra 54 weeks of age is a killer!

@ren3liz Welcome to the mix

Glad to see everyone else is staying on it too.
  • ovidnine
    Options
    Morning all. Wife's outta town until Saturday so my eating is probably going to suck. I suppose its better than drinking way too much. lol

Cardio- 23 minutes ~3.3 avg 8.5 incline

Strength- 10,8,5,4,3,3,3,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2 Yup, all bench. I think I'm going to give squating a shot on Saturday and see how it goes.

Assessment- Pepperoni pizza and a couple of beers. Not sure how far over but I went over. lol
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gang,

Welcome @ren3liz

Strength: Bulk Chest and Hammer Power, this one was all power lifting stuff, totally new to me, so I enjoyed it much! haha now I now what a clean, jerk and so on means!

Cardio: lacking big time and not missing it either

Nutrition: been ok, nothing spectacular to report. I don't have weight to lose or gain, muscle gain is my focus, but that can wait.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning and 3 tonight. Later drop by the school district office to finish some paperwork.

Cardio: boxing- 45 min (300 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Mac and cheese last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Welcome ren3liz!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @ren3liz

Cardio
    : 33 minutes (5.29 miles) on recumbent bike.
    Strength:
    Biceps Curl 2x12 10 lbs
    Calf Raises 2x12 35lbs
    Hip Adduction 2x12 37.5 lbs
    Leg Press 2x12 50lbs
    Seated Row 2x12 15lbs
    Shoulder Press 1x12 10lbs
    Triceps Extension 2x12 10lbs
    Back Extension 3x12 30lbs
    Chest Press 2x12 10lbs
    Lat Pulldown 2x12 10lbs

Gearing up for snow over the weekend!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, all!

Welcome, @ren3liz

I've come down with a cold, so no workouts so far this week. Hoping to do something tomorrow, or Saturday at the latest. Fortunately, it's a "light" cold.

Food: been on target, except for a little pre-determined splurge on Monday.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Oh yeah and I'm 52 today.

Happy (belated) Birthday!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Still not sleeping well but I made it to the gym this morning anyway. Hopefully I'll be so tired tonight that it'll finally catch up with me.

Cardio: I've been increasing my cardio minutes gradually with the stairmaster and running. I can't swim because of my shoulder so I'm just trying to get something going cardio wise. 8 minutes stairmaster and 13 minutes running this morning in between circuits and sets of strength training.

Strength: 35 min circuit training including 2 sets each of 15 good morning w/50 lbs, 15 goblet squats w/25 lbs, 20 physio ball crunches w/25 lbs, 2 min side planks, 20 prone jumping jacks, 20 monkey pulls w/8/8 lbs, 15 decline situps w/10 lbs, 20 decline scissors, 12 back extensions w/20 lbs, 20 incline side crunch twists and 4 min stairmaster between sets. 65 min strength/running including 3X7 laps running around the basketball court, 1X5 Dead lift w/115 lbs, 1X5 DL w/135 lbs, 3X6 bent over row w/65 lbs, 2X10 cable squats w/40/40 lbs, 2X10 cable wood chop w/27 lbs, 2X16 front lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X10 inner thigh w/100 lbs 2X10 single leg curl w/50 lbs and 2X10 glute master w/40 lbs.

Assessment: Calories have been in line as have macros. If I could sleep and the shoulder would improve I'd be doing great.........LOL

It's really nice to see everyone working so hard.........helps keep me motivated!!!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Welcome @ren3liz!
    @luluinca if my best wishes for you shoulder could heal, you'd be in that pool out lapping everyone yesterday!

Cardio:
    Rowing 2x250 m. +tabata round@868 m.
    Skipping 2x2 mins

Strength:
    1 leg hip thrust 1x20/side
    Donkey kick 1x20/side@10 lbs
    Fire hydrants 1x20/side@10 lbs

Parallel grip pull-ups 6x3
    Military press 5x5@45 lbs (power)
    Front squat 6x3@135 lbs

3 sets of:
    Ball reverse cable fly 3x10/side@12.5 lbs
    Scapular Pushup on ball 3x10
    Kneeling ball rotator cuff cable pull 3x10/side@5 lbs

Cable Triceps overhead extension, rope 3x10@40 lbs
    Cable Triceps push down, rope 3x10@60 lbs

Assessment: calories well under & macros on target.
  • ovidnine
    Options
    It's Friday! Right? It'd better be. *Checks calendar* Thank god.

Cardio- 15 minutes @ 6mph 3.5incline 5 minutes @ 6.5mph 1.5 incline 15 minutes walking 3.5mph higher incline.
    Strength- Yeah, still bench. 10,7,5,4,3,3,2,1,1,1,1,1,2,2

Assessment- Went a bit over yesterday as a piece of leftover pizza beckoned prior to bed. Overall, decent.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy LCW and TGIF! 3 clients this morning then I'm off the rest of the day. Going in after PT to get my knee checked. Hopefully I'll get referred to an ortho and get an MRI now that the swelling is down.

Cardio: stationary bike- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: core

Assessment: Ribs last night.