"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday folks. Hopefully its nicer outside wherever you are than it is here. Brrrrr

Cardio- No time for it today. Booo weather.

Strength- Bench: 10,9,5,4,3,3,2,1,1,1,1,1 Squat: 10,10,10,7,5,3,2,1,1,2

Assessment- Ended up ~200 over on target calories because I was low on protein so of course grabbing a bag of chips to watch football was bright idea. Still, nbd though. While at the doc yesterday I discovered my resting heart rate is ~60 so I'm pretty happy with that.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Morning Folk!

From yesterday:
    Cardio: none

Strength:
    OHP
    BBx10
    65x5
    80x5
    95x3
    110x3
    125x3
    140x6 (3+)
    140x3
    95x10

BBB Bench
    95x5
    115x5
    155x3
    195x2
    225x5x5

superset rear delt pulls/tri rope pushdowns
    50x4x12/50x10,10,8,8

Assessment: Felt pretty darn good. Got deads to do today, so I loaded up with 6 pancakes, 6 sausage links and 2 glasses of Tang for breakfast.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Great workout Piper!

Shoulder still bothering me but today was a cardio day anyway and I got it done.

Cardio: 3.2 mile walk/run with the dog. Picking up my pace a little according to my Fitbit so I'm happy with that.

Assessment: Still eating under 1700 as I don't seem to be burning enough calories to increase yet.....getting there though.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all!

Strength: Bulk Arms
    +
    Cardio/Strength: Hammer Plyometric

Results? a very beaten up me! haha

Nutrition: Low on everything again! and dropped some weight too, hopefully it's not the hard earned muscles, running away already!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Front squat 6x3 135 lbs (new PR)
    Parallel grip pull-ups 5x6
    Military press 5x5 bar (power)
    Inverted row 2x10
    Leg curl on glider 2x20
    Full ROM lat pull down 3x10
    Lat pull down 3x10 107.5 lbs
    Machine row 3x10

Circuit 3 sets 1 min rest:
    Skipping 3 mins
    2 point plank 30 sec/side

Assessment: butterfly pork chops for dinner. Under calories. Feeling exhausted tonight, time for bed.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Took a nice 1-mile walk outside in the c-c-cold this morning, it was brisk and really woke me up! 5500+ steps total.

Went out for both lunch and dinner, and stayed within calories for the day. Splurged on a piece of cheesecake after dinner (still within calories), the first actual "dessert" I've had in months. It was good, but not great. Not worth the calories.

Feeling optimistic today.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, all!!

Monday: rest day.

Tuesday: 4 mile run, easy pace. Tapering for my two races this weekend.

Food: eating at maintenance this week. On target today.
  • anabellasd
    anabellasd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do around 10 min of cardio to warm up so there are just a few calories burned (50-60 most of the time)
    For strength i will do different things... Squats, lunges, leg lifts, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls and planks!
    Lots of protein! I start my day with some egg whites and tuna, for lunch i had a chicken salad and i added 2 peaches some raisins and some walnuts, for my dinner i had a sardine salad
  • MJFSH
    Options
    HHD People!!

Strength: Bulk Shoulders and Chisel ISO Strength

Cardio: no energy left for that! LOL

Nutrition: Made a point of making up my protein and Fat macros, oh boy! what effort it took!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday all! Last day working out this week for me as I'll have to take it easy for a few days after tomorrow. Monday I'll be back at it though.

Cardio: No time. I'm tired of this weather.
    Strength: Squat-10,10,10,7,5,3,2,1,1,2 Bench-10,7,5,4,3,2,2,1,1,1
    Assessment: Calories on target yesterday. A few grams under on protein, but nothing to worry about.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Rainy day which usually means lots of people at the gym.

Cardio: boxing- 45 min (400 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Beef stroganoff
  • luluinca
    Options
    I'm having a good week despite the shoulder.........I really hate being injured though. :( My doctor is sending me to an orthopedic guy in two weeks just in case........

Cardio: 6 minutes stairmaster as part of my circuit training and 10 min running laps around the basketball court at the gym in between sets of weights/strength training.

Strength: 40 minutes circuit training including 2 sets each of 12 goblet squats w/25 lbs, 15 good mornings w/20/20 lbs, 20 physio ball crunches w/25 lbs, 2 min side planks, 20 prone jumping jacks, 20 decline situps, 10 decline leg raises, 12 back extensions w/20 lbs, 3 min stairmaster at end of each set. 70 min strength training and running including 3 X 5 laps around basketball court between sets, front squats <2@ 45 lbs, 2@ 55 lbs and 1@65 lbs>, deadlifts <1X5 @95 lbs and 1X5 @ 115 lbs>, 3X20 box step ups, 3X16 side lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X16 fwd lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X10 inner thigh w/100, 3X10 glute master w/40 and 3X10 single leg hamstring curl w/50.

Assessment: I think I've finally worked my way back up to my normal calorie burns so next week I'll try eating closer to 1750 and see if I can still lose maybe a pound a month or so.

Happy Hump Day everyone!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Wednesday entry....

I hate when I let life distractions derail my workouts!

Strength: Chest, shoulders, upper arms body weight stuff and some new goodies 30 minute circuit style

Cardio: Elliptical 30 minutes, 3.4 miles, 482 calories, all machine data

Assessment: Eating is on point, have to start eating earlier in the day on workout days... midnight protein snacks are noisy for those sleeping!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Robert.......what kind of upper body stuff are you doing with that shoulder..........I need ideas? Right now all I can think of are bicep curls and maybe some wood chops with the cable machine............uggghhhh.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning only. This evening is my DD's first concert and she's excited as am I for her. I "forced" her into band and she's glad I did because she loves it. Practices on her flute whenever she can.

Cardio: boxing- 45 min (300 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell last night.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    I'm having a good week despite the shoulder.........I really hate being injured though. :( My doctor is sending me to an orthopedic guy in two weeks just in case........

Cardio: 6 minutes stairmaster as part of my circuit training and 10 min running laps around the basketball court at the gym in between sets of weights/strength training.

Strength: 40 minutes circuit training including 2 sets each of 12 goblet squats w/25 lbs, 15 good mornings w/20/20 lbs, 20 physio ball crunches w/25 lbs, 2 min side planks, 20 prone jumping jacks, 20 decline situps, 10 decline leg raises, 12 back extensions w/20 lbs, 3 min stairmaster at end of each set. 70 min strength training and running including 3 X 5 laps around basketball court between sets, front squats <2@ 45 lbs, 2@ 55 lbs and 1@65 lbs>, deadlifts <1X5 @95 lbs and 1X5 @ 115 lbs>, 3X20 box step ups, 3X16 side lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X16 fwd lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X10 inner thigh w/100, 3X10 glute master w/40 and 3X10 single leg hamstring curl w/50.

Assessment: I think I've finally worked my way back up to my normal calorie burns so next week I'll try eating closer to 1750 and see if I can still lose maybe a pound a month or so.

Happy Hump Day everyone!
    Try the "monkey" exercise. Hold 2 dumbells by your sides with hands at neutral position (palms facing you). Drag the weights upward along your sides with your elbows going outward. Just go up as high as you can. Hits the shoulders pretty good, but usually doesn't hurt the same as a lateral.

• ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    HHD all!

@luluinca hope the shoulder heals soon!

I hate having Costco sized containers of junk food laying around the house...

Yesterday:
    Zumba class & Krav Maga. No strength work.
    Assessment: jalapeño sausages for dinner. Seriously derailed again last night with the trail mix & chocolate covered raisins. I'll need to get hubby to hide the canister of those things on me or toss it. Grrrr...

Today:
    Cardio - step class
    Strength - military press 6x3@70 lbs or 6x4@65 lbs (will see where I'm at tonight & go from there)
    Front squat 5x5@120-125 lbs
    Pull-ups 5x2 (power)

Assessment: will be making beef stew for dinner tonight. Hope to keep nutrition intake on track today.
  • luluinca
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    luluinca wrote: »

Happy Hump Day everyone!
    Try the "monkey" exercise. Hold 2 dumbells by your sides with hands at neutral position (palms facing you). Drag the weights upward along your sides with your elbows going outward. Just go up as high as you can. Hits the shoulders pretty good, but usually doesn't hurt the same as a lateral.

Thanks Niner.......I'll try it tomorrow.

Got the dog out this morning and climbed the hill to the park which we haven't done in awhile.

Cardio: 55 min walk/run with the dog including the big hill to the park which I can't run yet......LOL. My fitbit said it was like climbing 17 floors.

Strength: None today.

Assessment: I lost half a pound so that was a nice surprise......we'll see if it sticks but I can sort of feel myself losing weight........it's a weird feeling and one I haven't felt in awhile as I've mostly been maintaining for about 3 months or so. I'm eating right around 1650 so I'll see where I stand next week regarding the scale and losing that last five, or maybe even 10 pounds, or eating more. Looks like my average TDEE is right around 2000-2100, higher on days I exercise and lower on the two days a week I don't. So maybe 1650 to 1700 will actually be fine. I don't like to undereat but that's only a 350 cal deficit average per day which isn't too bad really. I can't do a 500 deficit, it wears me down.......LOL
  • luluinca
    Options
    ltworide wrote: »
    HHD all!

@luluinca hope the shoulder heals soon!

I hate having Costco sized containers of junk food laying around the house...

Yesterday:
    Zumba class & Krav Maga. No strength work.
    Assessment: jalapeño sausages for dinner. Seriously derailed again last night with the trail mix & chocolate covered raisins. I'll need to get hubby to hide the canister of those things on me or toss it. Grrrr...

Today:
    Cardio - step class
    Strength - military press 6x3@70 lbs or 6x4@65 lbs (will see where I'm at tonight & go from there)
    Front squat 5x5@120-125 lbs
    Pull-ups 5x2 (power)

Assessment: will be making beef stew for dinner tonight. Hope to keep nutrition intake on track today.

Thanks.........and btw......I cannot have chocolate covered raisins in the house........they are my favorite candy and I simply cannot stop eating them until I've finished them all. LOL. Good luck with those!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Late entry alert! :)

@luluinca on YouTube search for Tony Horton Shoulders Rehab workouts. it really helped me with my shoulders when i was injured.

Strength: Bulk Legs and H&C ISO Speed Hammer. totally loved it! waa running late and still couldn't make myself turn the dvd off without completing the workout. :)

Cardio: well speed component of Hammer workout was my only cardio.

Nutrition: has had lunch out last two days, some kinda Caribbean style fish and eggplants dish. ooooohhhhh was amazing!