"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, everyone is asking at work if I hurt myself working out and when I tell them it's because I slipped and fell, they have a look like "WTF"? Really? Sucks when you get injured just doing normal stuff.

You've got to make up stories!

I've claimed to have been hit by a bus, and been injured in a skydiving accident. (Yes, skydiving, @robertw486 ! LOL)

I also once claimed that my quadriplegic family member was in a giant power wheelchair due to "an Irish dancing incident back in the '80's".

Have some fun with it!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff my fingers are crossed on your knee!!!! Keep us posted!

Cardio: 5 min rowing machine as part of my warmup this morning and 10 min bike after weights.

Strength: 30 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, goblet squats, planks, prone jumping jacks on bosu ball, good mornings, back extensions, situps and side to sides w/10 lb ball, lat arm raise and rowing machine. 60 min weight lifting including bench press <2X6 65 lb warmup, 3X5 w/75 lbs and 1X5 w/80lbs>, Squats<2X6 w/65 lbs (warmup), 2X5 w/95lbs and 2X5w/115 lbs>, bent over row 5X5 w/75 lbs, 3X8 single arm bench row w/40 lbs, 3X10 seated bicep curls w/15/15 lbs, 2X10 glute master w/40 , 3X10 inner thigh w/90 lbs and 3X12 crunch machine w/100. 10 min bike.

Assessment: Looking good calorie and macro wise and hoping to nail it this week! I'm looking forward to a normal week and weekend!

Stay strong everyone..............and no more injuries!
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    Cardio: 30 minutes (5.11 miles) on recumbent bike. Got in about 2700 steps. Not even going to attempt to meet my 5500 goal today (for the first time in forever). Have to be able to function for the next few days and can't afford to have a fibro flare or anything else go wrong till at least Saturday.

Foodwise I'm doing great, just over 1200 calories for the day. Proud of myself for not letting today's stress make me turn to food for comfort.

I'm tired and going to bed.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Cardio:
    Treadmill sprints 10 sets 1 min @ 14.0 kmph 2 min. @ 6.0 kmph

Strength:
    Barbell Front squat @ 125 lbs 6x3
    Parallel grip pull-ups 5x6
    Cable triceps pull down @ 30 lbs 4x10
    Cable triceps extension @ 40 lbs 3x10
    1 arm Cable triceps pull down underhand grip @ 20 lbs. 2x10

3 sets:
    Trx plank 30 sec.
    Side plank on ball 30 sec/side
    Static 1 leg Trx hip raise 30 sec/side

Assessment: eggs, turkey bacon with sweet potato & greens for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    Lol, everyone is asking at work if I hurt myself working out and when I tell them it's because I slipped and fell, they have a look like "WTF"? Really? Sucks when you get injured just doing normal stuff.

I've claimed to have been hit by a bus, and been injured in a skydiving accident. (Yes, skydiving, @robertw486 ! LOL)

I also once claimed that my quadriplegic family member was in a giant power wheelchair due to "an Irish dancing incident back in the '80's".

Have some fun with it!
    Lol, well most of my family saw me take the spill so the only people I could lie to are people at the gym who haven't seen me yet.
    I could say it was from an MMA match.

• OyGeeBiv
    Options
    Lol, well most of my family saw me take the spill so the only people I could lie to are people at the gym who haven't seen me yet.

There ya go! And remember the phrase "you should see the other guy!"

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    HHD All,

Strength: Body Beast Bulk Arms, and Beast Abs done this morning, increasing the weight slowly but surely

Cardio: none scheduled

Nutrition: Was low on protein, fat and calories altogether. need to plan better.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    HHD!

Cardio- not today folks

Strength- squat 10,10,8,5,2,2
    Deadlift- 10, 7, 6x1
    Bench- 10,7,5,3,3,2,1,1,1
    Hanging Leg Raise- 2x25

Assessment- Was super lazy last night and had a frozen pizza so went over my target calories by 300.

And ninerbuff, I like the MMA match story.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Rainy day which usually means lots of people at the gym.

Cardio: boxing- 45 min (400 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak last night.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I won't be participating, except maybe once a week, on my newsfeed any longer but will still be logging food and exercise every day and working on my goals this year. I will also still be commenting and checking in here consistently. This group is more valuable to me right now with some of the time constraints I'm facing early this year.

Cardio: 40 min walk/run, mostly walk but I'll be working back up to mostly run over the next month or two. It felt good to run again and I'm not much of a runner.......LOL

Strength: None today, back to the gym in the morning.

Assessment: So far so good this week calorie wise. My fitbit told me to eat more carbs and less fat so I'm going to try that for awhile.

Happy Hump Day!!!

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

Have some fun with it!

Have some fun with it!

Yesterday was supposed to be a break day for me, but I got in a little cardio laughing at both of these posts!
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    @robertw486 I'm glad to help you burn a calorie or two!

Cardio: Walked all 5500 steps today, a mile of them in the c-c-cold outside. The brisk fresh air felt good!
    Strength: 15-minute Beginner Weight Training with 3 lb dumbbells
    Food: I ate so many delicious foods today. I don't understand how I came in at just over 1300 calories. No complaints here! Packed up enough good food for lunch and dinner tomorrow, so I don't have to buy garbage at the hospital cafeteria. It's going to be a long day there.

Depending on how I feel in the early morning, I will or won't go to the gym for some bike time.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Practice makes perfect, bring on more many, many more roundhouse kicks.

Krav Maga class tonight. We practiced roundhouse kicks, I feel like a baby hippo trying to complete a figure 8 drill... One day I'll get the hang of these.

Strength/conditioning today
    Barbell Shoulder press (power) @45 lbs 5x5

Conditioning circuit 5 rounds:
    Double 12 kg kettlebell clean 5 reps
    Single 12 kg KB clock lunge
    Jump lunge 10 reps
    Double 12 kg KB swing 10 reps
    1 arm 12 kg KB row 5 reps/side
    1 arm 12 kg KB chest press with hip thrust on ball 5 reps/side
    Supine lower ab curl & crunch on ball 10 reps
    L-sit 1 leg on ground 20 sec.
    Dead bug 10 reps

Assessment: calories & macros on track. Halibut steak & Greek salad for dinner.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, all!!

Monday was a rest day. Tuesday, I was lazy, so:

Cardio: 5 mile run, mostly easy pace with 1 mile at tempo. Skipped the strength training to get my missed run in, instead. Have two races in a week and a half, so the running is more important.

Food: on target all week.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Strength: None... did something to my arm and thought it better to rest. My story will be that I was in an MMA match with @ninerbuff , and was then attacked by a cougar on the way to the car.

Cardio: 37 minutes, 4 calculated miles, 563 calculated calories on the elliptical

Assessment: Must have pulled something in my arm eating fairly well!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Strength-body beast bulk shoulders: lateral raise 3 sets, Arnold press 4 sets (drop set), upright row progressive set of 5, alt front raises and plate twist 3 sets of each, reverse fly progressive set of 5, superman stretch 10 reps x2, and plank twist 30 sec x 2.

Cardio- was too sick from all the Christmas candy that I ate at work today to get on my stationary bike.

Assessment- less candy and more cardio. Almost at GW and hope to be able to up the weights more once I'm eating more.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks!

Cardio- 15 minutes treadmill ~3.5mph & 9.0 incline average

Strength- Squat 10,10,7,5,4,2,2 Bench-10,7,5,4,3,3,2,1 Wide grip lat pulldown & widegrip cable row 3x10 each

Assessment- under calories by ~200 hit on protein low on carbs/fat. that's ok, went over day before.

Hope your arm feels better soon robert! I like the story.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Welcome @fiddletime good to see a fellow beasttete join :)

@robertw486 nice story! so nice of you to let the cougar walk away in one piece!

Strength: Bulk shoulders, did all that fiddletime did, increasing the weight on my medium weight and for all sets in reverse fly

Cardio: walking all the way down to the basement and then up, after the workout was done

Nutrition: I have not been making up any of my macros this week, and eating under my calorie limit, not intentionally, I feel it's effecting my strength, have to work on raising my calories
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Welcome!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning, then 3 this evening. Knee is slowly feeling better, but still discomfort. Expect that for at least another week or so.

Cardio: boxing- 45 min (300 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell last night.