Cutting calories but gained weight?

Options
Since I started this app I haven’t logged above my calorie goal. Usually I’m 500-1000 calories shy. I weigh myself every Wednesday. I went from 210 Nov28th up to 211.2 Dec 5th. Last nite I ate a whole lot of food, went to bed still under calorie goal for today. Could the amount of food I ate before bed explain the weight gain? Does it make any sense that I would gain weight cutting cals?

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh everything you’re eating? If not, it could be that your calories are off and you are actually eating more than you think.

That said, +1.2 lbs could easily just be a weight fluctuation and not an accurate representation of your weight. A lot of different things can cause our weight to fluctuate up and down as much as 5 lbs. I weigh myself every morning and use the app Happy Scale to get a moving average which gives me a more accurate picture of my overall weight loss.
  • swansonssales
    swansonssales Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Running2Fit yes I weigh everything that I eat and I cut out all snacks as well. Thank you for the input and app recommendation I will give that a try!
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Could simply be your body reacting to what you’re eating, also. I gain weight when focusing too much on protein and carbs versus healthy fats.
    Weight fluctuations are normal in general, however..! Keep up the consistency and you’ll see results long term 👍🏻
  • swansonssales
    swansonssales Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 woah. That’s an incredible article thank you. I learned a *kitten* load. I weighed in today at a different time than usual, ate late last nite, was way over my sodium goal for the day. Drank a ton of water yesterday, bottle right before bed.