6 Month Progress

Just wanted to share my progress over the last 6 months. I have done a number of different things to get where I am today, but I am down from 172 lbs to 146 lbs.
Based on the pictures, you can also see that my fat % is much lower, and I have gained muscle as well in this transition.

I have recently gotten a DEXA scan so I know exactly what my Fat % is (and interestingly, exactly where it is), and my goal over the next few months is to keep lowering my Fat %, and increasing my lean muscle mass. Looking forward to another set of 6 month progress pictures next May/June.

j8l2d6g5d76q.jpg

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    awesome job, keep up the great work
  • colingibb
    colingibb Posts: 31 Member
    Here's a better picture. I'm enjoying creating this now, it's nice to see my success. It's actually more dramatic than I thought.
    9fw4mcpkndgs.jpg
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Always amazing to see what a difference 25+ lbs can look like.
    Great job!
    Are you at maintenance now?
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Great work. What’s your BF % now? We have a similar story.
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    WOW. Super impressive progress! You should be proud of yourself.
  • colingibb
    Great work. What’s your BF % now? We have a similar story.

I am at 16.1% Body fat now. Got measured this week with a DEXA scan.
  • colingibb
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    Always amazing to see what a difference 25+ lbs can look like.
    Great job!
    Are you at maintenance now?

Well, not really -- After the DEXA scan, I got called from the nutritionist to help interpret the results, and we had a chat about my goals from here on in. I really want to lose that last bit of fat around the mid-section, gain more muscle, and get my body fat down a little more. So -- in order to do this, I really need to be on maintenance calories, but keep working hard -- so even though I'm increasing to maintenance calories, I'll still be very tightly tracking my macros, and will be keeping with the intense workouts to really focus on building muscle. I've actually been eating under my BMR (which is about 1,574 - and assumes your just lying still all day), so I really need to be up closer to 2,000 so my body doesn't start consuming muscle proteins for energy.

My goal now is to get from my current daily consumption of 1200-1400 up to closer to 1800-1900, but I will be doing that slowly over a period of a few weeks to let my body and metabolism catch up :smile:
  • colingibb
    WOW. Super impressive progress! You should be proud of yourself.

Thanks! I am! I also have found that I have SO much more energy now -- I actually look forward to getting up and working out -- It's been a long time since I've said that. Besides, I found a workout I REALLY enjoy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!