Healthy on the go breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    yummy those breakfast muffins sound fantastic, kind of like an egg bake muffin style. I will definately have to make these someday. Thank you, iceskatefanrn!!! :-)

You're welcome! They are definitely my "on the go" breakfast. Just gotta get 'em made Sunday night, then I keep 'em in a ziploc baggie in the fridge for the week. It makes 12 and I eat 2 a day, on my way to work. Then in the afternoon when I get home from work if I HAVE to have something to eat before dinner I eat one of those!

I love 'em!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is usually one of 2 things, a strawberry nutrigrain bar 120 cals or subway! I get a bacon egg and cheese on english muffin w/ tomato, it's like 2.95 and So good! it's only 220 calories! in the winter I'm a fan of oatmeal, but has to be really cold outside, and since I live at the beach, it will be a while before its cold here...breakfast has always been my biggest struggle so interested to see what others have to say also!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    bumping....lots of ideas! :bigsmile:
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Here's another Breakfast Ideas thread from a couple weeks ago, great ideas here too!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/308552-bored-with-breakfast

:drinker:

Ice
  • raedlewis
    raedlewis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to make breakfast burritos (yummy, low cal ideas at hungry-girl.com) then wrap them in a paper towel and saran wrap and then in the morning I just microwave it for a min or two and eat on the way. Fast, easy, and yummy!
  • MamaMizzle
    MamaMizzle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • meganlee85
    Options
    I've started eating salads every morning for breakfast. It may not sound like the most exciting thing, but I always feel so good afterward and it gives me a lot more energy than when I was eating heavier breakfasts like eggs and toast or oatmeal.

If you keep all the "fixings" prepared in the fridge it only takes two minutes to put one together. I just throw together some pre-washed organic greens, chopped up cucumber, celery, shredded carrots, and whatever leftover protein I have. Usually a 3 or 4 oz portion of baked chicken or grilled stack cut into bite size pieces, or sometimes some lentils.

It would be easy enough to just throw it all in tupperware or a ziploc bag with some dressing and have it on the go :)