I suffer from prediabetes I need help on food that don’t contain too much sugar

Options
I would like some simple food or extravagant foods to prepare that have a lot of sugar. I really want to take care of myself. TIA

Replies

• 6irdsxo
    6irdsxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Meant to say not a lot of sugar *** I do apologize. TIA
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lean protein with lots of vegetables.

Add spices or herbs in any variety you like.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,933 Member
    Options
    Lean protein with lots of vegetables.

Add spices or herbs in any variety you like.

This!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome, many of us have this fright of our lives. If you can, try to reduce/eliminate foods which contain added sugar. You will soon build up an idea of where the added sugar lives if you don't already. As said above lean protein and veg is a good place to start, meals can be as interesting and tasty as you want to make them, with a few simple ingredients. Another thing which will help will be looking at the fibre content of foods particularly veg. its best not to increase your intake too quickly because this can cause other issues. If one gets into the flow of food, fibre helps its progression and in the digestion of sugars though it is best to reduce added sugars as said before. Once you are well on your road to reversal, I would expect you could be less strict. All the very best.
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A lot of recipe finder sites have filters where you can search by calorie content, sugar free, etc. I would also maybe find a good cook book for diabetics. Most vegetables, and lean meats. Best of luck to you!