What is your favorite Holiday activity?

Replies

• Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Baking, making gingerbread houses, wrapping presents... I love our Christmas Eve tradition of everyone getting new jammies =)
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Hot Chocolate and Christmas light looking.
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Dressing up like an elf, sneaking into my friends houses at night and drinking all their booze until I pass out under their Christmas tree.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    spending time with my daughters and their pets and boyfriends - with whatever they would like to do,
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    Baking, making gingerbread houses, wrapping presents... I love our Christmas Eve tradition of everyone getting new jammies =)

When my kids were little I always had new Christmas jammies for them. I miss that tradition, but they will not even humor me for one night anymore.

My favorite thing is late nights when only the lights on the tree are on. It gives me a very peaceful feeling.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    Dakase83 wrote: »

When my kids were little I always had new Christmas jammies for them. I miss that tradition, but they will not even humor me for one night anymore.

My favorite thing is late nights when only the lights on the tree are on. It gives me a very peaceful feeling.

I think my 11 year old plays hard to get.. He enjoys it but won't admit it. My 17 year old will entertain me and wear them for Christmas breakfast and 1 pic. That's all I get.

I also enjoy having the tree be the only light in the room :love:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Picking out a tree and bringing it home the Friday or Saturday (usually) after Thanksgiving and decorating. I get a fire going and Christmas music going and drink some old fashions while we deck the halls.

My boys are 6 and 8, so going to see Santa is a pretty big event still...though I think it will be ending sooner rather than later.

Watching Christmas movies on the weekend with the boys.

Posole and Tamales on Christmas Eve.
  • kelsium33
    kelsium33 Posts: 131 Member
    Decorating the tree and baking holiday treats for family and friends :)
  • OvershareUsername
    OvershareUsername Posts: 36 Member
    Getting drunk and binge eating 😆
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Drinking
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    I love the wrapping and doing lots of baking, but my one favorite thing is pulling out the tree skirt and adding each of my kids’ handprints to it every year.

nw9ynm3awabd.jpeg
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    skctilidie wrote: »
    I love the wrapping and doing lots of baking, but my one favorite thing is pulling out the tree skirt and adding each of my kids’ handprints to it every year.

nw9ynm3awabd.jpeg

Love love love this idea! My kids are older, but I'm keeping this in my back pocket for future grandkids.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    My daughter and I go to the Nutcracker every year. I love that.

I also love wrapping gifts. It's therapeutic for me, or something. I get a glass of wine, turn on some music, put on the fire, and spend hours wrapping and making the bows beautiful. I might give you a terrible gift, but it's going to be PRETTY!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Leaving Santa's treat on the dining table. Sushi and Knob Creek. He loves it.

• crampus1
    I get naked and wrap myself up in wrapping paper then Hide under the tree for our Christmas work party just waiting for that lucky person to get me in the white elephant gift exchange. It’s the only time of year someone is excited to unwrap me.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    My daughter and I go to the Nutcracker every year. I love that.

I also love wrapping gifts. It's therapeutic for me, or something. I get a glass of wine, turn on some music, put on the fire, and spend hours wrapping and making the bows beautiful. I might give you a terrible gift, but it's going to be PRETTY!

My dad is a fanatic about wrapping. We were taught to make precise creases for every corner and fold. He would say that a well wrapped gift was a gift itself. I have since resorted to gift bags for ease, convenience, economy and to be eco friendly. But only if they don't have glitter. :D
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    For the last 12 years my busy season at work has coincided with the holidays and i feel like my holiday spirit has almost completely dwindled during that time. However, every now and then I’ll be in someone’s home and they’re making Christmas cut out cookies and listening to Christmas music and burning candles and it transports me back to when i was growing up. My mom loved the holidays and she made them so fun and magical. It makes me sad that I’ve not given my kids the same experience. I need to change that.
  • crampus1
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    For the last 12 years my busy season at work has coincided with the holidays and i feel like my holiday spirit has almost completely dwindled during that time. However, every now and then I’ll be in someone’s home and they’re making Christmas cut out cookies and listening to Christmas music and burning candles and it transports me back to when i was growing up. My mom loved the holidays and she made them so fun and magical. It makes me sad that I’ve not given my kids the same experience. I need to change that.

You can try but they will probably fight and hate everything anyways. I’ve been quoted as saying “we’re gonna have a god da** merry effing Christmas” while trying to drive around and look at cool Christmas lights that I can’t see anyways because of the tears in my eyes making it all blurry. But then we got donuts and it was fun for everyone. Cherish the moments.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    crampus1 wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »

You can try but they will probably fight and hate everything anyways. I’ve been quoted as saying “we’re gonna have a god da** merry effing Christmas” while trying to drive around and look at cool Christmas lights that I can’t see anyways because of the tears in my eyes making it all blurry. But then we got donuts and it was fun for everyone. Cherish the moments.

Awww this is all of motherhood wrapped up in one fell swoop ❤️❤️